Oregon Coast stamp stores

Old July 29th 03, 09:58 PM
Dandelion Acres

Default Oregon Coast stamp stores

We are going to be taking a motorcycle trip along the Oregon coast from
Seattle area the end of August and was wondering if there were any
*fabulous* stamp stores I don't want to pass up. Not sure where we'll be
staying. Suggestions there would be greatly appreciated also!

TIA
Sandi

Old July 30th 03, 02:53 AM
Pat Kight

Dandelion Acres wrote:
We are going to be taking a motorcycle trip along the Oregon coast from
Seattle area the end of August and was wondering if there were any
*fabulous* stamp stores I don't want to pass up. Not sure where we'll be
staying. Suggestions there would be greatly appreciated also!

Hm. My work takes me over to the coast 4-5 times a month (poor me!) and
I haven't stumbled onto any stamp stores at all, much less any fabulous
ones.

OM Studio is (or was) in Seaside, but as far as I know they're mail
order only and don't have a retail outlet. You could try writing them at

OM Studio
PO Box 448
Seaside OR 97138

to find out. Their stamps are wonderful if you like quirky, edgy and
non-cute.

Canyon Way Bookstore and Restaurant in Newport used to carry a small but
interesting line of stamps, and they're worth visiting if you love
quirky bookstore/gift stores, especially if you make lunch or dinner
reservations at the incredible attached restaurant.

Have fun! Don't miss the Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport,
right down the road from the Oregon Coast Aquarium. The latter is great,
but spendy; the HMSC is free, and pretty cool if you're at all
interested in marine science. Watching them feed the octopus is always
fun...

--
Pat Kight

Old July 30th 03, 03:29 AM
Cathy Makela

HI ,

When my husband and I attended a wedding in March we came across this rubber
stamp store. Ok I admit it, I did a websearch ahead of time in order to
"just happen to come across it". Its pretty darn big . They also give
you a 25% discount on one stamp if its your birthday or within one week
either way of your birthday. They appear to be closed on Sundays.

http://www.firstimpression.net/welcome.html

Have fun,

Cathy

Old July 30th 03, 06:51 PM
Dandelion Acres

Actually, we have a rule when we do bike trips (seem to be the only trips we
get to take without little ones) - No major hiways. So we will probably
meander down the Washington coast into Oregon. I sincerely doubt I could
get the husband to make a detour to Portland for a *stamp store*
buuutttttt.....since I have my own bike, I could run over by myself!!
Thanks for the tips!
Sandi