Nick Park Teddy Bear Pattern?

Old August 5th 07, 10:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Lotsoflavender

Default Nick Park Teddy Bear Pattern?

This is a long shot but......
A long time ago back in the early 90's or even late 80's the English Womens
Weekly had been publishing some of Jean Greenhowe's patterns. Then the WW
stopped using her patterns [for whatever reason] and started with a new
knitted toy pattern designer and I think it was Nick Park [don't quote me on
that, please )]. His first pattern was a Teddy Bear of three sizes I
think. The small one knitted up beautifully.....
We kept that book safe n sound for years and now when we need it, can't find
it can we.
I don't suppose anyone knows what I'm talking about and just happens to have
a copy they would just love to scan and send to us, please and put us out of
our misery?
Don't you just hate it when you can't find sommat you know is lurking
somewhere?
Thanks for you time
Wendy in NSW & Sherri-Lee in QLD

Old August 5th 07, 10:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Lotsoflavender

Alan Dart, the name of the designer was Alan Dart........Nick Park belongs
to Gromit doesn't he....silly woman, Wendy

Old August 5th 07, 11:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 19:36:27 +1000, Lotsoflavender wrote:

[...]

You could try the Sirdar site at:

https://homepages.force9.net/ethknit...ATTERNS-22.htm

They seem to have older Sirdar patterns, including Alan Dart's
patterns, and a "contact us" facility so if you e-mail them they may be
able to help.

There is another site at:

http://www.country-yarns.com/content...ng/Crochet#top

This one stocks Alan Dart books as well as Jean Greenhowe patterns. There
are rather a lot of them so it could take some time to check through them
all.

Good luck in your search
Bernadette

Old August 5th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

[...]

Yes I *do* hate when that happens! One of those things just happened to me
this week in fact. I had been looking through some of my son't woodworking
magazines to find some smaller items that he could make and I might be able
to sell at a flea market... when it hit me that nowhere among his books was
the thick Whirligig book that I had bought my Dad years ago. I know that my
Dad gave a couple of the magazines I had bought him to my Uncle after he had
his first stroke and he knew there was no chance of him being able to work
with power tools again, and that my Mom gave the same uncle the rest of
Daddy's magazines after he passed away (Matthew was only 12 and hadn't yet
shown an interest in woodworking). However I know that Daddy kept that
particular book (he really liked that one and I remember seeing him looking
at it for hours), and I also was POSITIVE that I had kept it after he passed
away... because I was sure I had been looking at it after that. Do you
think I can find it now? Of course not, that would be far too easy. I
called the library and asked for any books they had on making Whirligigs and
was told there was only one in stock, so I went to pick it up... are you
ready?.... it is the *exact* book I had bought my Dad. Matthew was looking
at it with a real interest yesterday when I brought it home... so I am
really going to start going through some boxes of books we never unpacked to
see if it is around here or not. If I can't find it by the end of September
(just giving myself a cut-off point) I will order it from a book store and
get it for Matthew.

Now getting back to your particular problem... I went google searching and
found what I thought was Womens Weekly homepage. http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/
However, nowhere on that entire page do I see anything about any kind of
yarnwork at all. Have they stopped putting patterns in their books?!? I
used to love Womens Weekly and got a lot of really nice patterns from their
magazine. Unfortunately I had a few years... between the early 80's (when
Matthew was born) and 1992 when I found one of their magazines at a store
down the street from the hospital when my parents had back to back
strokes... when I hadn't even seen a Womens Weekly, so I don't have the
pattern you're looking for. What's worse... on the website I just gave the
URL for, I don't even see a "Contact Us" link. / Good luck, hopefully
someone has the pattern you're looking for.

*hugs*
Gemini

Old August 6th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Lotsoflavender

Thanks for the links, Bernadette, he does some wonderful patterns, love the
dogs! Seeing as it's my daughter that's having the hizzy fit about losing
the pattern I'll pass the links onto her.
Wendy

news

Old August 6th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Lotsoflavender

It IS so frustrating, it consumes you.
I found someone selling the exact copy of the pattern on UK eBay but they
won't sell to OZ, now that's frustrating as well.
I'll keep looking both on the net and in the cupboards, who knows, I might
find sommat I else I've mislaid grin
Wendy

Old August 6th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Lotsoflavender" wrote in message
It IS so frustrating, it consumes you.
I found someone selling the exact copy of the pattern on UK eBay but they
won't sell to OZ, now that's frustrating as well.

That's odd. You wouldn't think it would matter *where* the buyer lives as
long as they pay the postage. /

I'll keep looking both on the net and in the cupboards, who knows, I might
find sommat I else I've mislaid grin

That's always fun... like Christmas in an off-season! ;o)

*hugs*
Gemini

teddy bear appliques Irene Quilting 4 July 13th 06 10:14 PM
Teddy Bear Gathering Catherine Milton Needlework 8 January 30th 06 12:41 AM
Beaded Teddy Bear beadangel Beads 1 October 12th 05 09:28 PM
Easy teddy bear... Fiddy Quilting 1 May 18th 05 06:54 PM
Teddy Bear with Socks ragamuffin2004 Needlework 5 October 14th 04 02:27 AM