Rubber stamp addiction?

Old July 26th 03, 08:36 PM
hansen

Default Rubber stamp addiction?

Laurie,

Thought you (and Geoff) would enjoy this, if you haven't seen it already:

Rubber Stamp Warning!

A recent study indicated that Rubber Stamps and EP
give off certain Pheromones that actually hypnotize
women and cause them to purchase unreasonable amounts.

When stored in large quantities in enclosed spaces,
the Pheromones (Rubber) cause memory loss and induce
the nesting syndrome (similar to the one squirrels
have before the onset of winter i.e. storing food),
therefore perpetuating their species.

Sound tests have also revealed that the Rubber emits a
very high-pitched sound, heard only by a select few, a
breed of women known as "Rubber Stampers". When played
backwards on an LP, the sounds are heard as chants,
"buy me, stamp me, emboss me".

In order to overcome the so called "feeding frenzy
effect" that these Rubber Stamps cause, one must wear
a face mask when entering a storage facility and use
ear plugs to avoid being pulled into their grip. (One
must laugh, however, at the sight of customers in a
Stamp store, with WW2 army gas masks and headphones!).

Studies have also indicated that aliens have inhabited
the earth, helping to spread the effects that these
Stamps have on the human population. They are called
"STAMP STORE CLERKS" (or "stampin' up demonstrators"!)

It's also been experienced that these same Pheromones
cause a pathological need to hide these Stamp
purchases when taken home (or at least blend them into
the existing stash), and when asked by significant
other if the Stamp is new, the reply is "I've had it
for a while."

See you tomorrow.
Love,
Mom

Old July 26th 03, 08:43 PM
Jeff Hitchin

"hansen" wrote:
A recent study indicated that Rubber Stamps and EP
give off certain Pheromones that actually hypnotize
women and cause them to purchase unreasonable amounts.

Since I'm a guy, that makes me wonder what my excuse is. :-)

And yes, I sniff my unmounted rubber.

Jeff
--

http://www.serv.net/~santa
So da ne!

Old July 26th 03, 10:07 PM
sdklug

That's OK, Jeff. when I was a kid, I loved the smell of gasoline. Of
course, that's before all the additives, etc. Elise