What are you stitching/knitting

Old January 24th 12, 01:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default What are you stitching/knitting

I've semi-abandoned my UFO/WIP - an old Serendipity piece. Too pink
right now.

I've got two "purse" projects going while I search out some Kreinik VFB
that I need for the next leg of a round robin I'm working on. What ever
other metallic that will work

---

I was hoping to spend time doing stash fondling while I put stuff away,
but I have both my DH and DD home sick today.

Cheryl
Old January 24th 12, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 1/24/12 7:40 AM, in article , "Cheryl Isaak"
wrote:

I've semi-abandoned my UFO/WIP - an old Serendipity piece. Too pink
right now.

Does staring at the small heap of WIPs count??? DH has "requested" that I
(we) straighten out the downstairs & my studio/office room. In his words -
Can you please get all your stitching things off the coffee table, the round
table, the......all over...I'm SCARED TO TOUCH ANYTHING!!!!" followed by
"AND ALL THE FABRIC, QUILTING, SEWING" So, while not stitching, the next
couple of evenings are planned to start organizing & layout the big space
downstairs.

Still sorting through stash to send away - soon will be done.

I've got two "purse" projects going while I search out some Kreinik VFB
that I need for the next leg of a round robin I'm working on. What ever
other metallic that will work

Working on a little heart ornie for a group thing, should be done today.
And starting a 2nd colorway of a little teaching project.

Knitting - finishing a set a cabled longish wrist cuffs. I couldn't do the
first ones in public as I had to work thru the thumb seaming which happens
in process - but now I'm ok with it. So about to finish the first pair, and
then I'm going to do another pair - the wool is a really soft alpaca in
deep, bright red (for the CAPS).

I was hoping to spend time doing stash fondling while I put stuff away,
but I have both my DH and DD home sick today.

Cheryl

I'm sorry about the sick thing. I'm in round 2 of DH's winter virus that he
gave me. According to the doc when I saw him last week, he thought I looked
unwell, and after looking at my first set of labs declared virus. If not
feeling better soon then I'll have to go see him again. Oh, well. Just
feels like sniffles & a little draggy. But, on the whole - it's not so bad.
Poor DH is teaching this week - and the fed govt opened at 11 yesterday -
announced in advance - because of the icey roads. He & training head
decided to postpone class to start til today - but his goofy colleague
actually drove in early - thinking "I wasn't sure if they really meant it"
about the OPM announcement. And then decided to contact people and do the
class - even though DH (the lead & the training dept guy had said
otherwise). So DH hustled in to get there to start the class at 11:30,
turns out 2/3 of the class couldn't actually get there so, voila - started
early today.
Crazy foggy here - looking out the office window (upstairs) I can see the
house across the street - but not really into their backyard - or the
houses further (our lots are staggered so you can see fair amount of green
space).

Ellice

Old January 24th 12, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

On 1/24/2012 7:40 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've semi-abandoned my UFO/WIP - an old Serendipity piece. Too pink
right now.

I've got two "purse" projects going while I search out some Kreinik VFB
that I need for the next leg of a round robin I'm working on. What ever
other metallic that will work

Maybe today I'll get that 1/2 finished ornie out of the bag. I think
the last time I stitched on it was 6 weeks ago.

I was hoping to spend time doing stash fondling while I put stuff away,
but I have both my DH and DD home sick today.

With nothing else on the agenda today other that a few routine chores
maybe, must maybe it'll get out of the bag. Everything else got put
away when I cleared off the extra bed for DB when he came in from FLA
for Christmas.

Nancy
Old January 26th 12, 05:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 1/24/2012 7:40 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've semi-abandoned my UFO/WIP - an old Serendipity piece. Too pink
right now.

I've got two "purse" projects going while I search out some Kreinik VFB
that I need for the next leg of a round robin I'm working on. What ever
other metallic that will work

---

I was hoping to spend time doing stash fondling while I put stuff away,
but I have both my DH and DD home sick today.

Cheryl

Absolutely NOTHING for the last few months. Other than dishcloths for
the Cancer Relay for Life...and a couple of fuzzy scarves. In a big slump.

Gill
Old January 28th 12, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen Grace-Miller

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've semi-abandoned my UFO/WIP - an old Serendipity piece. Too pink
right now.

I've got two "purse" projects going while I search out some Kreinik VFB
that I need for the next leg of a round robin I'm working on. What ever
other metallic that will work

---

I was hoping to spend time doing stash fondling while I put stuff away,
but I have both my DH and DD home sick today.

Cheryl

I'm baaaaaack. And I'm stitching Dimensions Jewels Of The Orient,
knitting a pair of gloves and thrumming them as I go, and knitting a
pair of wool socks with wool I bought at a fleece sale last year and
spun on my Sleeping Beauty Traditional Saxony wheel.

Maureen
Old January 28th 12, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/27/12 6:43 PM, Maureen Grace-Miller wrote:
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've semi-abandoned my UFO/WIP - an old Serendipity piece. Too pink
right now.

I've got two "purse" projects going while I search out some Kreinik
VFB that I need for the next leg of a round robin I'm working on. What
ever other metallic that will work

---

I was hoping to spend time doing stash fondling while I put stuff
away, but I have both my DH and DD home sick today.

Cheryl

I'm baaaaaack. And I'm stitching Dimensions Jewels Of The Orient,
knitting a pair of gloves and thrumming them as I go, and knitting a
pair of wool socks with wool I bought at a fleece sale last year and
spun on my Sleeping Beauty Traditional Saxony wheel.

Maureen

I want to learn how to spin, how nice to go from fleece to your own
clothing.

Up the street neighbors are involved in 4H and actually "own" two sheep
at the local AG school. And they get the most of the wool. These are
dairy sheep - so it's not great wool.

Cheryl
Old January 28th 12, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
NDJoan[_3_]

On Jan 25, 10:18*am, Liz from Humbug wrote:

I'm "actively" working on the "Read" Tabletopper from Dutch Treat
Designs ... Midnight Frost (Summer House/Stitche Workes) - for
myself - *and "may the hinges of friendship never rust" (NeedleWork
Press) ...

Links, please????

*As I said, it's Alison's fault because
SHE was the one who drove the car to the LNS the other day. :-)

But of course!!!! lol

As a side comment, I'm no longer getting the rctn emails and am not
quite sure why! GRRR!!!!!!!!! *I can read them by going to the Google
site but I'm not quite sure what happened to stop the emails. *When I
check the account, it has the Daily Email box checked but I'm sure not
getting them! *They're not going to my junk folder either so I may
have to call the ISP to make sure they're not being held up before
they even get to me.

I'm not, either! I even unsubscribed and resub'd to my yahoo acct and
am still not getting them. LMK if you figure out how to fix that,
okay? I registered with Eternal September but that's as far as I've
gotten. Think I'll have to have DS come and help me with getting it
set up. sigh.

Joan

Copyright 2012 -- permission given to post on Usenet and Google Groups
newsreader, but if found on Twitter it has been republished without my
permission and is illegal.
Old January 30th 12, 11:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

On Jan 28, 8:50*am, NDJoan wrote:
On Jan 25, 10:18*am, Liz from Humbug wrote:

I'm "actively" working on the "Read" Tabletopper from Dutch Treat
Designs ... Midnight Frost (Summer House/Stitche Workes) - for
myself - *and "may the hinges of friendship never rust" (NeedleWork
Press) ...

Links, please????

The "reading" tabletopper can be found at: http://www.dutchtreat.com/
catalog/dtn069.htm
The Snowflake picture is: http://www.summerhousestitcheworkes.com/
0013.html
and the hinge one is at: http://needleworkpress.com/node/30

*As I said, it's Alison's fault because
SHE was the one who drove the car to the LNS the other day. :-)

But of course!!!! *lol

Alison is the one for whom I'm making the "winds of heaven . . .
through a horse's ears" project. I think we are a "bad" influence on
each other. :-)))

Liz from Humbug

Old February 2nd 12, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
NDJoan[_3_]

On Jan 30, 4:34*pm, Liz from Humbug wrote:

The "reading" tabletopper can be found at: http://www.dutchtreat.com/
catalog/dtn069.htm

Ooo, I like that!

Alison is the one for whom I'm making the "winds of heaven . . .
through a horse's ears" project. *I think we are a "bad" influence on
each other. :-)))

LOL! Speaking of which, how is it coming?

Old February 2nd 12, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

I'm finally getting back to doing some stuff. Janet sent me several
lovely cat kits that I would like to start work on but thought I should
actually finish off the last of the seasonal bell pulls from Calico
Crossroads. I'm working on the SPRING bell pull and started stitching
the I. I'm using Dinky Dyes variegated silk for the satin stitched
letters and then various other silks and perle cottons. I've got the
other three seasons finished -- photos at my Webshots album -- and have
been trying to get this last one finished for about for years now!
I have a needlepoint cat piece and a biscornu (Janet's B-day pressie
from about three years ago now) that I need to work on, too. I have
both of them started but life got in the way! i *REALLY* want to work
on the biscornu so will start on that again as soon as the SP
RING bell pull is finished.
I have three different knitting projects in the works and have
barely touched any of them. One is to be a ruana made from lovely fiber
I bought when I was in NH, shopping with Cheryl in autumn of 2010. Then
there is the entrelok scarf that I started about this time last year.
It's a VERY difficult pattern and I took a class so that I would know
enough about it to be able to finish it once I was moved. The last is a
tacky acrylic afghan made with variegated (purple, yellow, green, white)
yarn and coordinating solids. I'm making long strips of each color --
in a different pattern so that I learn new stuff -- and will put them
together to make the afghan -- IF I ever finish it. I've got the first
variegated strip about 3/4 done (they will all be 2 skeins of yarn long
more or less) and can find one skein of the yellow but none of the white
or green. I probably packed it last spring and it's hiding in the
storage unit in Magnoliaville!
I also have a quilt top about 1/2 finished and I REALLY need to make
a baby quilt for my DNephew's first baby -- due to be born next week. I
don't think I will get that one finished in time since I haven't even
started work on it!!!! AH well -- I'm having trouble getting motivated
to do much besides sit here messing with the comoputer or staring at the
boob toob in the evenings. If I didn't have to feed the animals, I
would likely do nothing at all most days. WAIT -- that's what I am
doing -- LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary /\___/\