Silly Question!

Old November 26th 03, 12:23 PM
Jan and Ron

Default Silly Question!

Hi There!
I have a really silly question for you all. I don't have a scanner on my
computer, and I'm trying to make a card I saw in the Stampin' Up Portfolio
II #4 page #44. It's a before/after card using Stella Stamper. It's really
cool, but my problem is I need to enlarge the sample card 200%. (I've tried
finding instructions on the net to see if the size is there...but no luck)!
Here's the silly question...Do I take the measurements of the sample in the
book, then multiply the measurements by 2? Or would it be a bit bigger?
Could someone out there please help! I'd really appreciate it!
Jan

Old November 26th 03, 12:37 PM
Christi Conley

The easiest way I know of to enlarge the patterns
is to take them to a copy place (unless you have a
copy machine) - on the machines is an option to
change the "percent" (size) of what you are copying,
bigger or smaller - and they have a 200% larger
option...

Hope that made sense : )

--
Christi
Stampin' Up! Representative

Old November 26th 03, 02:07 PM
cbet

The really REALLY low-tech way to enlarge if you don't have access to a
scanner or copier is to use a pencil and ruler to draw a grid over the item
you want to enlarge. Then, on a plain piece of paper draw another grid, but
make the squares twice as big (so, if you spaced all your gridlines 1/4"
apart on the original, draw your plain-paper grid at 1/2" apart). Now you
draw the pattern in square by square.

I remember my mother doing this with patterns out of magazines when I was
just a kid - it works surprisingly well (aside from being time-consuming!)