New idea for RCB need input:)

Old May 30th 04, 10:09 PM
ally

In article , Dr. Sooz
writes
The problem was (as Suze has said) that sometimes they get lost or held
up. Another problem too is that sometimes people would put in a book or
something very heavy which increased the cost of the postage.
Sometimes, it worked really well and was great fun.

Some people will put in the worst crap, too. You have to trust the people you
send it to. I participated in one years ago, rubber stamp theme. It had the
crappiest junk in it!
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Thats true as well.
:-)
--
ally
website: www.alcom.demon.co.uk
Old May 30th 04, 10:17 PM
lgreene

okay...never mind.

:^)

Lisa
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
The problem was (as Suze has said) that sometimes they get lost or held
up. Another problem too is that sometimes people would put in a book or
something very heavy which increased the cost of the postage.
Sometimes, it worked really well and was great fun.

Some people will put in the worst crap, too. You have to trust the people

you
send it to. I participated in one years ago, rubber stamp theme. It had

the
crappiest junk in it!
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old May 30th 04, 10:32 PM
Candace

I truly appreciate that you are thinking along the "do a good thing" lines,
Lisa, but I have to agree, it's too risky. Even if everyone put great, usable,
lightweght things in and passed it along in great time--what about freak
accidents, like It falls off the mail truck and gets run over? (heaven
forbid!) Good idea in theory......

Another thing to think about...just an idea...i'm still on mountain time so
i'm not totally coherent, but....

maybe we could do a bead box? A list of rcbers could indicate that they
want to participate and send beads to a central person. In each package of
beads would be the dollar amount they are worth...for instance, I might send
a pack of swarovskis that I would normally offer on ebay or somehwer for 2.00,

so my "price" would be 2.00. When the box came to the first person,
if I "bought 4.00 worth of beads I would have to contribute at least 4.00
worth of beads or materials, or whatever to keep the value of the box the
same or higher. In that way, you don't even have to lay out money for beads
or supplies, but you have a cashlike trade. NOW, what if I don't see
anything that I like, but I sent in 50.00 worth of stuff?

Don't know, yet..still thinking.

Bueller?

Lisa

Old June 1st 04, 12:40 AM
Candace

I just want to make sure that this part is clear for everyone who wants to
join.

All ads would have the item priced at below retail (the purpose here is to give
us a break on the price, not recoup monies.)

Please, please, please--if you can afford to pay full price for whatever bead
it is you are looking for, find a different source other than this group. Yes,
it's discriminatory, and yes, it's probably unfair, but such is the way it is
I'm trying to create a place directed at people who can't afford full price for
what they need.

Again with the unfair--if you can afford to buy whatever you want, wherever you
want but have leftovers, please, do post an ad for them. You know someone can
use them

Don't forget that timeless method of bartering--if that's the kind of ad you
want to post, then by all means, post it. We want to have a group that works
for everyone involved, and some people might benefit more from the bartering
system.

Again, anyone who is interested and hasn't already posted here, please do, so I
can add you to the list for the first round of invites I will be including a
link to the group in my sig line, once it's open, and from there on, you can
just follow the regular procedure for joining.

~Candace~

Old June 1st 04, 01:16 AM
Jalynne

I really do like this idea, because I'm often strapped for funds, just when I need
something.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Candace" wrote in message
[...]

Somewhat OT would like opinions on this idea please Marisa Cappetta Beads 3 March 12th 04 12:08 AM
Spiral Idea scaperchick Beads 0 October 10th 03 04:44 PM
*sigh* Another great idea up in smoke... Tink Beads 29 August 20th 03 05:32 PM
Sooz's Challenge idea.... Challenge angela Beads 10 August 17th 03 07:04 AM
An Idea Jalynne Beads 30 July 31st 03 05:15 AM