Aran sweater pix

Old January 23rd 04, 11:16 PM
Slinky

Default Aran sweater pix

http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/pix/aran/

After the retreat in a couple of weeks (the deadline for having the
thing finished) I plan to take off the neck and reknit it, as well as
ripping off the bottom ribbing, taking off about 3" of the body and
reknitting the ribbing on smaller needles. The sleeves are a bit
long, but that's how I like 'em.

And by some mysterious combination of processes I managed to make most
of the errors on what is the "back" of the sweater in the photos. Of
course the gal whom I challenged to this sweater knit-off found every
one of them, but she was looking for an excuse to rip out my hard
work!

The first two pix are the sweater with most of one original sleeve.
after trying it on I realized that even tho the sleeves as written
would have been proportional to the rest of the sweater they were just
going to be too damned big. So I frogged that sleeve, sewed up about
2" of the underarm (4" total off the diameter of the sleeve opening)
and reknitted. MUCH better the second time.
Old January 23rd 04, 11:36 PM
Mischief

The sweater looks wonderful. I want to make an Aran sweater but
haven't found a pattern that I like yet.

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten

Sent using Virtual Access 5.50 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Old January 24th 04, 12:59 AM
norma woods

Slinky, it's gorgeous!

--
Star love,
Norma

Old January 24th 04, 02:11 AM
Katherine

Beautiful, Slinky! I love Aran. I think that the time has come to knit
another one!

Old January 24th 04, 02:13 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:16:22 GMT, Slinky wrote:

[...]

I think it's gorgeous, Slinky!
Thanks for sharing!
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old January 24th 04, 02:20 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 22:11:45 -0400, Katherine wrote:

Beautiful, Slinky! I love Aran. I think that the time has come to knit
another one!

I am thinking along those same lines, Katherine... although right now
1. wouldn't have the patience
2. don't have the resources.
Hugs,
Noreen
who also wanted to add to Michelle, the sleeves DO look a LOT better, it
fits you perfectly!
Now, is it cool/cold enough to WEAR it?

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old January 24th 04, 03:18 AM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:16:22 GMT, Slinky wrote:

And by some mysterious combination of processes I managed to make most
of the errors on what is the "back" of the sweater in the photos. Of
course the gal whom I challenged to this sweater knit-off found every
one of them, but she was looking for an excuse to rip out my hard
work!

Hey, if Vogue Knitting can put a sweater on its cover with a blatant cable
crossing mistake just above the bust line, you're in good company. Jumps
out at me every time I shuffle through my magazines looking for a pattern.
You can even see it in the little pic at the bottom of this page:
http://www.vogueknitting.com/vkm/subscribe.html

Trust me; once you spot it, you can't stop seeing it.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org
Old January 24th 04, 04:35 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 03:18:57 GMT, Helen "Halla" Fleischer wrote:
Hey, if Vogue Knitting can put a sweater on its cover with a blatant cable
crossing mistake just above the bust line, you're in good company. Jumps
out at me every time I shuffle through my magazines looking for a pattern.
You can even see it in the little pic at the bottom of this page:
http://www.vogueknitting.com/vkm/subscribe.html

Trust me; once you spot it, you can't stop seeing it.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist

OMG, you aren't justa kidding!
As Frank Barone would say... holy crap!
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old January 24th 04, 04:35 AM
Texasxsgal1

Slinky
Love the Aran. hmmmmmmm methinks i feel an afghan coming on (I prefer those -
dont need to wqorry about gauge and easier to combine different patterns)
kathy (the one who lacks the following directions gene LOL)
san antonio
Old January 24th 04, 04:40 AM
Slinky

Oy vey! That *is* atrocious!

wrote:

Hey, if Vogue Knitting can put a sweater on its cover with a blatant cable
crossing mistake just above the bust line, you're in good company. Jumps
out at me every time I shuffle through my magazines looking for a pattern.
You can even see it in the little pic at the bottom of this page:
http://www.vogueknitting.com/vkm/subscribe.html

Trust me; once you spot it, you can't stop seeing it.

"Sweater pic" -- where can I find one? Carolyn Sewing 12 October 20th 04 12:49 AM
Knitted Aran Sweater Dress Pattern, etc. Elle Yarn 2 January 18th 04 10:34 PM
knitting journal Agres Yarn 18 December 26th 03 05:50 PM
knitted aran sweater dress [email protected] Yarn 6 December 23rd 03 03:43 PM
Using Guernsey technique on Norwegian sweater? H Schinske Yarn 0 October 15th 03 09:44 PM