Dianne's Suggestion

Old March 12th 04, 06:15 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Caryn ,,, for this explanation . Somehow it doesn`t surprise
me as `Some` people have done the same to me , several times .
Ps would you mind emailing me privately? . after the first time i
found it hilarious,,,, Pity this so called other person , wouldn`t
clean my house ::::

JV and I have both told them to check our IP addresses, but apparently
they would rather believe the lie than admit a mistake.

Ha ha ha my words exactly !!!! thank you
have a nice evening ,, well hetre it already is
mirjam

Old March 12th 04, 06:24 PM
Karen C - California

In article , Dianne Lewandowski
writes:

I think this was very tongue in cheek.

Of course it was.

I guess I should have put a plain-English translation for those with no sense
of humor. Maybe from now on I should have a team of lawyers look at everything
to make sure there's no way my words can be twisted by people who have nothing
better to do than look for things to attack. Or maybe, like when I was
teaching, I should put everything into kindergarten language and repeat it
three different ways to make sure that everyone understands what I said,
because even in a high school classroom, there's still someone who processes
language at toddler level.

WARNING! THE FOLLOWING IS A JOKE. IF YOU HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOR, STOP READING
NOW.
Since we seem to be regressing to junior high "clique" behavior, we are also
regressing to junior high disciplinary measures: everyone get out your Algebra
books and do all the problems on pages 53-55.

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Fireman's Prayer, Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old March 12th 04, 06:59 PM
Dr. Brat

writes:
I think this was very tongue in cheek.

Of course it was.

I guess I should have put a plain-English translation for those with no sense
of humor. Maybe from now on I should have a team of lawyers look at everything
to make sure there's no way my words can be twisted by people who have nothing
better to do than look for things to attack. Or maybe, like when I was
teaching, I should put everything into kindergarten language and repeat it
three different ways to make sure that everyone understands what I said,
because even in a high school classroom, there's still someone who processes
language at toddler level.

Or maybe you should just figure out that this is a limited medium and
not every joke you make is going to come across as such and it's not
always the fault of the reader. I didn't see that particular post as a
joke and I have no particular axe to grind with you. Not having read
whatever thread set it off, I do find the recent spate of "Karen" posts
a bit tedious.

Elizabeth (processes German at a toddler level, but my English is just
fine, TYVM)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old March 12th 04, 07:05 PM
Caryn

Or maybe you should just figure out that this is a limited medium and
not every joke you make is going to come across as such and it's not
always the fault of the reader. I didn't see that particular post as a
joke and I have no particular axe to grind with you. Not having read
whatever thread set it off, I do find the recent spate of "Karen" posts
a bit tedious.

Elizabeth (processes German at a toddler level, but my English is just
fine, TYVM)

I do have a sense of humor, I laugh at myself at least as often as I laugh
at/with others.

I have noticed that most people when making a joke in this limited medium give
some sort of clues to show humor. Usually a g, or one of the dreaded smily
winks or something of the sort.

Without those clues, I don't see how the majority of readers are supposed to
know when the poster is kidding vs. when they are serious.

But then, my opinion will be written off as my having an ax to grind......

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old March 12th 04, 08:06 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

The reason it was a joke (in my opinion; others may vary):
You can't DO what was set forth by Karen on usenet. It's impossible.
Well, maybe not impossible, but highly unlikely a workable solution.

Notice I changed the subject header. I don't want "Dianne" sittin'
there for weeks.

You said, "Most people". I thought Karen's post was so obviously
ridiculous and unworkable that it HAD to be tongue in cheek - without
any emoticon or warning wording necessary. Most of us have been here
long enough to understand the sillinesss of the concept of a policeman,
arbiter, whatever.

I don't think you have an ax to grind on this particular "suggestion"
thread. But I wonder why you had to add that last sentence?

Dianne

Old March 12th 04, 09:23 PM
Rhiannon

One problem with such a punishment is some people *like* math.

Select a book. I'm married to an algebraist and have a house full! If
you really select a junior high book, I might be able to solve the
problems on pages 53-55. Wait a minute...my school didn't offer algebra
until freshman year of high school. The only thing I really remember
about junior high math was when some male members of the class attacked
a sub with spitwads. The rest of us were cringing under our books while
waiting for the bell to ring.

Brenda

Old March 12th 04, 09:31 PM
CowieLuv

he reason it was a joke (in my opinion; others may vary):
You can't DO what was set forth by Karen on usenet. It's impossible.
Well, maybe not impossible, but highly unlikely a workable solution.

IMHO, I thought it rather funny! Completely ridiculous and unobtainable.
Ergo, NOT serious!

I don't think you have an ax to grind on this particular "suggestion"
thread. But I wonder why you had to add that last sentence?

Get the "last dig" mentality? Not saying this is the case, but it does come
across on this side as a "parting shot".

There are designers and needleworkers with amazing talents on RCTN. T'would be
grand if that's what the newsgroup was known for!

cowie--going back to her coffee cooler
Old March 12th 04, 09:42 PM
CowieLuv

he reason it was a joke (in my opinion; others may vary):
You can't DO what was set forth by Karen on usenet. It's impossible.
Well, maybe not impossible, but highly unlikely a workable solution.

There are moderated lists - but it requires a VERY dedicated person who
absolutely will not take sides!

Ugh, who would even WANT that kind of position?! Too much like supervising
recess.

cowie