How many brand of over dyed floss are there

Old March 11th 04, 08:20 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default How many brand of over dyed floss are there

Of late I have become enamored with over dyed floss.

My collection now contains:

Weeks Dye Works
Gentle Art
Crescent Colors
Ozark Sampler
Sugar Maple Fabrics
Six Strand Sweets
Needle Necessities
Dye Works
Waterlilies
Thread Gatherer
Watercolors
Wildflowers

So - what else exists out there?

Cheryl

Old March 11th 04, 10:14 PM
Stitchbug

How about Vikki Clayton's silk flosses- I believe these are only available
online-
http://www.hand-dyedfibers.com/

Old March 12th 04, 12:51 AM
Alison

Leah's - comes in floss, and #5, 8 and 12 perle cotton. Great for
interesting (bright) hardanger!
Stranded by the Sea - Silkweaver sells this
Hand-Dyed Hues - these are from New Zealand
Gloriana silks
various forms of Gum Nuts from Australia

Alison

Old March 12th 04, 02:28 AM
Cheryl Isaak

Those are neat - I like the Adversity Sampler!
Thank you
Cheryl

On 3/11/04 5:14 PM, in article
, "Stitchbug"

Old March 12th 04, 02:32 AM
Cheryl Isaak

I love the names of the colors for Stranded by the Sea.
I couldn't find a page for Leah's - it would be a fun gift for a GF (Leah of
course!)
Cheryl

Old March 12th 04, 01:46 PM
Alison

http://firesidestitchery.com/firesid...roductId =653

has a color list of the floss - not as good as pictures but partly
helpful.

Alison

Old March 12th 04, 03:38 PM
Beth Katz

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Weeks Dye Works
Gentle Art
Crescent Colors
Ozark Sampler
Sugar Maple Fabrics
Six Strand Sweets
Needle Necessities
Dye Works
Waterlilies
Thread Gatherer
Watercolors
Wildflowers

Someone mentioned Leah's.

You mention Caron's (http://www.caron-net.com/, but it didn't work
just now) Waterlilies, Watercolours, and Wildflowers. Some of the
Impressions are also multi-colored.

Rainbow Gallery (http://www.rainbowgallery.com/) has several including
Bravo!, Encore!, and Overture.

--
Beth Katz
Old March 13th 04, 04:50 AM
ubersnott

There is also The Dye Shop in Canada at www.thedyeshop.com

Old March 13th 04, 03:01 PM
Stitchbug

Thanks for posting this site- there are some wonderful charts under the
Freebies link-

m...
There is also The Dye Shop in Canada at www.thedyeshop.com

Old March 15th 04, 10:40 PM
ubersnott

"Stitchbug" wrote in message ...
Thanks for posting this site- there are some wonderful charts under the
Freebies link-

m...
There is also The Dye Shop in Canada at www.thedyeshop.com

I have ordered from this site and Stephanie was very helpful and
accomodating. I would definitely order from her again.

Dyed Delicas Arondelle Beads 41 February 9th 04 04:22 AM
Victoria Sampler's Hierloom Christmas sampler Addie Needlework 6 January 4th 04 01:46 PM
Seaside Treasures Floss House-mouse Needlework 7 November 30th 03 07:02 PM
what kind of floss is this? Audrey Needlework 2 September 12th 03 05:35 PM
A fun day! Books and floss! Cheryl Isaak Needlework 6 July 28th 03 11:27 PM