OT What is seeded watermelon?

Old September 4th 03, 01:18 PM
C Ryman

Default OT What is seeded watermelon?

I went to the store the other day and saw a new mutant fruit. A pluot (or
pluout) a plum and god knows what else.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio
"Bryan" wrote in message
Hmmm....seems we're starting to talk about the seedier side of life
here. First glass, now fruit! What next, vegetables? But wait! if
it has seeds, isn't it a fruit?

Bryan "does this mean I can cut my apple with my glass cutter?"
Paschke

P.S. this will teach me to read a newsgroup just before bed.

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:09:05 -0600, nJb wrote:

My whole life I enjoyed the finest treat known. Watermelon. Oh boy,
watermelon. Then somebody or a group of somebody's came up with
"seedless" watermelon. A noble cause but I never tasted "seedless"
watermelon as good as the original ones, watermelons. The ones with
seeds. Maybe a few hundred more years of bio-engineering and they might
catch up. No problem.

But now I find I can no longer find my beloved watermelon. Seems I have
to choose between a "seedless" watermelon and a "seeded" watermelon. I
take it they mean watermelons with seeds. WATERMELONS ARE NOT SEEDED,
THE SEEDS WERE ALREADY IN THERE, AND THEY ARE CALLED WATERMELONS. That's
it. Watermelons. We have watermelons and we have "seedless" watermelons.
If I had my way, anyone referring to a watermelon as "seeded" would be
sentenced to a life without watermelon. They don't deserve such a fine
treat.

I feel much better.

BTW, do "pitted" prunes have pits in them?

Old September 4th 03, 03:23 PM
Kathi Gose

that would be a plum and an apricot. And they are good g

Kathi

"Bryan" wrote in message
[...]

What is seeded watermelon? Javahut Glass 8 September 5th 03 12:19 AM
What is seeded Glass? Sheellah Glass 4 September 4th 03 07:02 AM
AD: Watermelon Tourmaline Lampwork Juanita Floyd Beads 1 August 10th 03 06:28 PM