TIDBITS 05/30/04

Old May 31st 04, 09:51 PM
Benjamin Mark

Default TIDBITS 05/30/04

If any of you want Tidbits emailed directly, let me know and
I'll take care of it. Additionally, if you have friends who you
think would enjoy Tidbits, please make them aware of us.
URL (http://www.tyler-adam.com)

======================================

Without Wax

There is a story going around that may or may not be
true ... but fiction is far more fun than fact ...
and the world of misinformation is far more exciting than
the world of accuracy ... and so--in following that reasoning--
may I suggest we proceed ... the devil take reality.

Monsters and stuff make for the most beautiful pieces
of sculpted jewelry ... probably because ugly is often
more beautiful than beauty. I have this mechanical bank of one
ugly Bull Dog you see ... and if you're wondering how a mechanical
bank relates to jewelry ... well ... you puts yer pennies in and
pretty soon you'll have enough to buy a bauble ... and that makes
a lot of cents ... no? No. Wait. I didn't say that. Don't attack.
Don't ... yaarrrrghhh.

But what--perish the thought--what if the person who sculpts
the dog who uses the hydrant that quenches the fire that burns
the village ... what if that person makes a mistake? What does
he do? Egads man ... this is serious. Well ... he does
what sculptors of days of old did. He hides his errors with
wax.

Here's the way it goes. In times gone by ... after a choice bit
of marble was taken from the quarries ... sculptors of the day
would take hammer and chisel in hand and begin hacking and whacking
away till--from a formless blob--a thing of beauty would emerge.
But then ... oops ... El Sculptorissimo goofs. There's a crack
going down the bull dog's face. One of his teeth is split. Oh to fix
to fix before the emperor finds out and cuts some precious anatomical
parts off ... causing enormous changes in vocal timber. Fill it all
with wax (in Latin Wax would be Cera) and hide the flaws. Ahhh ...
much better. No one will now know the difference.

Yes ... but the master sculptor ... he whose creations are flawless
.... he who works without wax (in Latin Without is: Sin) ... his
talents will ensure he will remain a basso profundo for all his years.
He works "Sin Cera" (without wax) and it is from these two words that
"Sincere and Sincerely are derivative. Truth? ... or fiction? Takes
yer picks ladies an' gennulmen. There seems to be disagreement on this
issue.

I have a magnificent image of a Mechanical Bull Dog Bank
which is a sight for thems wot love ugly/beauty. It was designed in
1880 by J.H. Bowen. Place a coin on the doggy's nose ... pull his tail
.... and he opens his mouth and swallows the money. Don't know the
value ... but it's worth a look see ... it is truly a work of art.

And oh yeah ... one more thing ... before I forget. May you all have a
most wondrous Memorial Day. And I mean this quite "Without Wax".

For those of you who are new to this thing called Tidbits...may I
direct you to my home page at www.tyler-adam.com where you
will scroll down the left side menu till you get to the area that says
Tidbits Graphics ... and then click on the link that says: Bull ...
where you'll see an image of a Bull Dog Bank.

And there ya have it.
That's it for this week folks.
Catch you all next week.
Benjamin Mark

All issues of Tidbits are copyrighted and available from our home
page. All rights reserved.
SIGN UP FOR OUR FREE E-MAIL NEWSLETTER: TIDBITS
Available From Our Home Page At:
http://www.tyler-adam.com
Any Day-Gifts Galore-Visit Tyler-Adam Corp.
--Browse the vast resources of TAC-Bourse--
--Our Diamond Search Engine--
TYLER-ADAM CORP.--Jewelry Manufacturers
Tel: 1-800-20-TYLER
E-Mail to:

TIDBITS 04/11/04 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 April 12th 04 03:05 AM
TIDBITS 02/08/04 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 February 9th 04 01:15 AM
TIDBITS 01/25/04 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 January 25th 04 11:22 PM
TIDBITS 10/26/03 Benjamin Mark Beads 2 October 26th 03 11:25 PM
TIDBITS 07/13/03 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 July 13th 03 11:00 PM