Waaay OT. Playing cards and games of patience.

Old March 13th 04, 03:10 PM
F.James Cripwell

Default Waaay OT. Playing cards and games of patience.

There are quite a few games of patience with playing cards, where in
one part of the game, one piles Ace,2,3, etc up to King of the same suit
in one part. In another part one piles downward, black followed by red
followed by black etc., from King, or any other card, King, Queen, Jack,
10, etc down to 2. Computer games of Free Cell, and Spider come to mind.
I have come across eleven other sequences which start, not with the Ace,
but with any other card from 2 to Queen. One can play these games in
precisely the same way, but because it is more difficult to work out what
the sequence is, the games could be more challenging. It would also tend
to inhibit kibbutzers.
I am certain this is a most unsuitable topic to discuss on rctn, but
if there are people who love games of card patience, love numbers, and are
up to an intellectual challenge, I would love to see whether my idea has
any merit at all. Anyone interested, please email me. TIA.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old March 15th 04, 02:32 AM
fran

There is an absolutely lovely patience software out there called
Pretty Good Solitare 500. It has a trial version and a full version
(which I've kept current on for the last 10 years). There are
currently over 500 games, using anywhere from 1 - 4 decks.

They also have a new mahjongg program, with about 20 games.

Warning - both are *very* addictive!

Web site is: www.goodsol.com. They have won the Best Games award
from PC Computing magazine many times, so that may give you some idea
of the quality of the program.

No affiliation, just a very happy customer, etc., etc.

Old March 16th 04, 02:17 AM
Seanette Blaylock

fran had some very interesting things to
say about Waaay OT. Playing cards and games of patience.:

There is an absolutely lovely patience software out there called
Pretty Good Solitare 500. It has a trial version and a full version
(which I've kept current on for the last 10 years). There are
currently over 500 games, using anywhere from 1 - 4 decks.
They also have a new mahjongg program, with about 20 games.
Warning - both are *very* addictive!

Extremely!!!!