Finally getting my groove back?

Old July 12th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
-dlm. in Central MA

Default Finally getting my groove back?

Hello everyone!

I started quilting many many years ago but let the hobby fall by the
wayside when I discovered stamping. I found that it was easier to
feel a sense of gratification from hand making cards because the end
result is seen in a very short amount of time. However, in the last 6
months I've managed to make a lap quilt top comprised of 4.5 inch
finished star blocks, complete a lap quilt top for DD#2, and add
borders to DD#1's lap quilt. I'm pleased to say that all three lap
quilts are ready to be sent out for quilting. I've also made custom
window treatments for DD#1's room using quilt fabric that she selected
from my stash. ( Believe me, this isn't as easy as it sounds because
it requires lining as well as interlining to provide body ). I'm now
in the process of making quilts for them to use as headboards behind
their king size beds. After that, who knows? I promised myself that
I would start to make a dent in my very sizable stash.

Does this mean that I'm starting to get my groove back?

- dlm. in Central MA

Old July 12th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judy

It sure sounds like it! Groove on!
sounds like me (about making a dent in the stash) .... soooo much fabric and
soooo little time.
ME-Judy

"-dlm. in Central MA" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello everyone!

I started quilting many many years ago but let the hobby fall by the
wayside when I discovered stamping.

snip. However, in the last 6

Old July 12th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE'S
BBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKK
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go get your chair hangin up on the wall and go sit next to Ragmop, she has
the M&M's right now.

Butterfly (Welcome home, we missed you)

Old July 12th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
-dlm. in Central MA

On Jul 12, 2:15 pm, "Butterflywings"
wrote:
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE'S
BBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKK
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go get your chair hangin up on the wall and go sit next to Ragmop, she has
the M&M's right now.

Butterfly (Welcome home, we missed you)

Thanks for the welcome back, Butterfly! I've missed the friendships,
laughter, and the advice since I've visited here last. I've pulled up
my chair and grabbed my bag of Skippers ( nut-free M&Ms ) to pass
around to those with peanut/tree nut allergies. Got my needle in hand
and now I just need someone with bifocals to thread the darn thing for
me...

- dlm. in Central MA

Old July 12th 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Woo Hoo!! Good to see you here again, Dawn. You've been
missed!
PAT in Virginia

Old July 12th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Even though I wear bifocals, I still like my Clover
Threader. Check it out at Nancy's. NAYY.
http://tinyurl.com/2xo47l

PAT in VA/USA

Old July 13th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Welcome home.

Susan

OT - Finally back on! MRH Yarn 5 July 12th 05 03:29 AM
I'm Finally Back!!! Charlotte Hippen Quilting 7 January 30th 05 02:25 PM
Just when I'm in the groove starlia Beads 28 October 5th 04 02:38 PM
Finally back again. [email protected] Quilting 10 September 9th 04 12:04 AM