META: Number of posts on RCTN.

Old January 1st 04, 09:16 PM
F.James Cripwell

Default META: Number of posts on RCTN.

It is that time of year when I can find out how many posts we had on
RCTN during 2003. I know from past experience that some of you dont think
this is at all interesting, but others do. So here goes, together with
similar figures for previous years.

2003 47,500
2002 54,000
2001 69,600
2000 82,100
1999 79,800
1998 83,000
1997 78,000

--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old January 1st 04, 09:27 PM
Jenn Liace

On 1 Jan 2004 20:16:29 GMT, (F.James
Cripwell) wrote:

2003 47,500
2002 54,000

Interesting given the massive volume we saw at the end of July.... do
you happen to have monthly statistics? Just curious, not worth
digging them out if you don't.

Jenn L.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Current projects:
Simply Sensational January Calendar (Mill Hill)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old January 1st 04, 10:17 PM
Gillian Murray

Thanks, Jim

I am one who does find it interesting; however I like fiddling with
numbers!! I had really noticed a major drop in posts over the last two or
three years, and am glad to see it was not my imagination!!
Happy New Year, and welcome back from your holiday!!

Gillian

Old January 1st 04, 10:28 PM
Rhea

Just coming back to the group after a number of years, I thought that there
seemed to be far fewer posts than I remembered. I participated around 97-99.
Rhea from KY, USA
Old January 1st 04, 11:22 PM
Gillian Murray

Yes, you are right. I am sure you also noticed many names from that era
among the missing, but as a plus, there are some really great people who
have joined the group since then.

Happy New Year to all of you!!

Gillian

Old January 2nd 04, 02:27 AM
Dianne Lewandowski

Thank you. So, 1998 was the peak, tried to come back in 2000, but has
been waning the last three years. I rather thought so.

Thanks, Jim. Happy New Year!
Dianne

Old January 2nd 04, 04:30 AM
Chip Orange

I worry that this is indicative of the decline in the needlework industry.
My husband thought it might mean that with the economy waning from the 90's
fewer people have access to computers.

Jim, when you gave the numbers, you never speculated on the reason for the
decline. Any ideas?

Allie Orange
Tallahassee, FL

Old January 2nd 04, 05:15 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Chip Orange" had some very interesting things
to say about Number of posts on RCTN.:

I worry that this is indicative of the decline in the needlework industry.
My husband thought it might mean that with the economy waning from the 90's
fewer people have access to computers.

Or maybe it's just a lot of enthusiastic posters leaving the group due
to various flamewars. :-(

--
Seanette Blaylock
"You attribute perfect rationality to the whole of humanity, which has
Old January 2nd 04, 06:28 AM
Karen C - California

In article , Seanette Blaylock
writes:

Or maybe it's just a lot of enthusiastic posters leaving the group due
to various flamewars. :-(

Or more people using their killfiles to avoid getting embroiled in flamewars.
If I don't read Ms.X's rude posts, I don't feel compelled to tell her where to
shove her rude posts.

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html