An unashamed beg

Old September 2nd 11, 06:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Default An unashamed beg

The National Quilt Museum in York (close to me) has managed to get
itself to the final of a competition for charity funding from the
Lottery Fund. It is a great place, and I have had reason to be very
grateful to them for their help and support getting me back into the
community. They attract people from all walks of life and all
backgrounds. The stuff they do is splendid.

I am asking you to vote for them to win the funding. They are
currently against two other worthy causes. They are all shown on the
website, so you can see what they are up against. Voting started
today and finshes fairly soon.

I am asking you to follow the link and vote. I don't know whether it
is possible to do this from out of UK, if not, I apologize, but we
could do with as many votes as we can.

Please vote and support this. It means a lot to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuk9r...feature=player

Thanks,
Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old September 2nd 11, 06:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I was able to do this Nel. Pull down the menu on the youtube or go he
http://www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards/
from there go best heritage project and there is the unfolding the quilts
link and
voting spot.
I enjoyed seeing what they do. It looks like the perfect recipient for the
award.
Taria

Old September 2nd 11, 09:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I got to vote too. Thanks to Taria's guidance, I didn't have a bit of
trouble. Speaking of trouble, Tropical Storm 13 is sitting uponst us.
Supposed to get 24" of rain. Sounds like a 70 towel storm; Yogi - you know?
Polly

Old September 2nd 11, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 02/09/2011 18:30, Sartorresartus wrote:
[...]

Voted!

Having been there and helped for an afternoon, I think it's a wonderful
place and a fabulous resource, and needs to be funded.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old September 3rd 11, 09:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Thanks, everyone.

Warning: Sound of horse being mounted...

Due to a lack of funding, the two (jobshare) Education officers have
not been kept on. This is such a shame, they have done a terrific
amount of hard work, not only promotiong craft skills as is, but going
out into schools and nursing homes and igniting the fires of
friendship and lessening the pockets of loneliness. Sometimes we
forget (well, probably not *us* we, but as a society) that quilting,
crafts and projects of this sort bring together people from outlying
sectors of the community at large.

It's lovely to see kids and their parents, grandparents and total
strangers laughing and contributing to something, and their pride at
its completion. In my case, the once monthly 'Community Quilters'
afternoon was my first *safe* foray back into public after a long
hospital stay. They welcomed me back and gently encouraged me to get
more involved. They don't know quite how much their acceptance
boosted my recovery and made it *all right* to go out again.

Now the original Lottery Funding has finished, there are no more
'Community Quilters' and the area will be the poorer. And what is
worse, they were being undermined on a regular basis by the Council,
who suddenly latched on to this as a 'good idea' and started doing
stuff of their own with more backing and therefore more cheaply.

We are looking to see what can be done, but this Funding is therefore
VERY important.

(I shall dismount at this point. Sorry about the rant, but it needed
saying!)

Nel (galloping for the sunset)
(Gadget Queen)

Old September 3rd 11, 11:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Thanks Taria, that worked! Done and voted. Loved seeing the children
at the sewing machines.
Roberta in D

shameless beg Jessamy Quilting 35 March 9th 07 09:38 PM
beg and also offers quilter Quilting 9 November 20th 06 05:34 PM
A serious beg Tina Quilting 11 November 16th 06 03:29 AM
Obvious beg Paulette in WV Quilting 10 March 21st 06 01:01 AM
A Small Beg David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 13 January 3rd 05 01:58 PM