Collecting for

Old July 16th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
David & Barbara Schmidt

Default Collecting for

Deanna- I have tons of bug fabrics and I spy type fabrics. Would gladly
give you some of this stash. Pleaaase e-mail me at
with your address.

Babs
Old July 16th 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_2_]

Fruits and vegitables any scale, it all started with an eggplant
print!

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:38:17 -0700, (Patti S)
wrote:

Fabric/Sewing - Bright, tropical prints; any fabric that is dog related
- dogs, dog bones, paw prints, etc; Pin cushions - LOVE them! Vintage
buttons & bits of lace.

Other: Anything with cherries on it, vintage kitchen linens, coffee
scoops & vintage wooden spoons.

Patti in Seattle

Old July 16th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
janice142

Have you seen Eterna silk floss? http://www.eternasilk.com/products.htm

Not that I'm an enabler or anything. )

Oh yes, I've got a couple of skeins of Eterna... eons ago the company
offered free samples and sent two! One twisted, and one stranded. I
liked the size (amount of) versus the larger skeins such as Caron's
Waterlilies offers and the price was great too. Alas, while it was in
the stores we ran into some rather high expenses so I wasn't able to
partake of the goodies.

I'll definitely keep my eyes open for more... have seen the sets but
the budget prefers a few at a time... and then I can pick my colors! I
did order Blush! (the Flamingo)
and a skein of silk from www.123stitch.com ... I think I remember when
she opened her doors, though that was a very long time ago. Best of
all, she takes checks (so many places require credit cards only) so it
makes buying easier on my end. And with a check I know I can afford my
treats -- no end of month surprises! (smile)

P.S. - Enablers are good things!! Especially when it comes to
stitching goodies.

Old July 16th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
-dlm. in Central MA

On Jul 15, 11:09 am, "Butterflywings"
wrote:
Out of curiosity: " Cat's Meow"
I feel for the poor cat....now, please 'splain

Butterfly (Who is sitting at present and not flitting until later today)

Dear Sis,

Cat's Meows are painted wooden "statues/figurines" of someone or
someplace famous. Each one has a black cat painted somewhere on it.
Clear as mud, eh?

- dlm. ( who was glad you were taking the time to sit...you'd be
mighty tired by now if you had kept on flitting! )

Old July 16th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

LOL
Thanks for the enlightenment as I hadn't heard of them before. Will have
to investigate further

Your Sis

oups.com...

Old July 17th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

I don't usually do this but...

I am still collecting for my 2 take along projects, both are hand
pieced.

1. my blue and yellow Manx quilt - strips of blue and yellow 1.5"
wide

2. my paper plates quilt - 3.5' fabric squares

http://tinyurl.com/22pllj

Dee in Oz

Old July 17th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
janice142

Thanks for the link to the Eterna silks... yummy! I'll have to find
more. That brand and the Sole something-or-other both come in smaller
skeins that suit me better. Sure, I love Waterlilies, but since the
chance of me ever using a full skein (or even a half!) it's not a good
use of my funds.

One of these days though, once Publisher's Clearing House delivers my
mega-check...!
And where's Ed McMahon? I thought "here's Johnny!" was their
representative, but didn't see him in the advertising flier. I'd like
him to deliver my moolah, of course anyone who wishes to bring me a
big fat check is always welcome.

So many projects, and so few completed. Still, as they say "it does
keep me off the streets" so not all bad. I think the connotation isn't
so good (or wasn't) but if anyone gets snippy, they'd better be
cutting fabric!
Still need to get my Featherweight fixed (would like to try parts
replacement, but thus far, no answer from a pair of inquiries to a
place mentioned here on rec.crafts.textiles.quilting.

Such is life. There's plenty of time for that I-Spy quilt in the
planning stages. Kidlet's single, though has her eye on a nice fellow.
He's a good guy -- anyway, as I've told her, it's LOTS better to be
single wishing you were married, than married and wishing you were
single.

Old July 18th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne Gottliebsen

Butterflywings wrote:
Every so often one of us asks:

What are YOU collecting for?

I collect purples (cool, blueish purples with white/cream or other
purples) for my Dear Jane Quilt (for which I have several unfinished
blocks - hehe).

I also collect cartoonish cat prints (as in not too life like) - they've
gone in a few kid's quilts, but really I'm going to me a bed quilt for
myself of them one of these days.

Outside of quilting, I collect scout badges/patches, but unlike many
collectors I only collect those where I have a connection to the
place/event, like somewhere I camped or some event I went to. But this
can include swapping badges with people at camp, for example swapping
district badges with folk from other areas/countries. This restriction
allows me to display them all (so far) on my camp fire blanket (new one
coming up!).

Hanne in London

What are you collecting? Pat in Virginia Quilting 46 November 22nd 05 12:59 PM
Collecting buttons... Carol In WI Yarn 8 August 15th 05 04:04 PM
What are you looking for or collecting?? frood Quilting 39 July 24th 05 06:27 AM
Recipe Collecting clancy Needlework 0 March 13th 04 02:46 PM