banana peels

Old October 20th 03, 01:58 AM
NoSpam

Default banana peels

Hi

I have a dumb question. I have been playing with a sawdust fire kiln. It
seems to a well know fact that banana peels
provides interesting patterns on sawdust fired kiln products. (I have not
tried it). Anyway, I have a banana plant in the back yard what about using
the banana plant itself? I was thinking about wrapping a vase in banana
plant for a sawdust fire kiln. What do you think?
Should I dry the leave first?

Old October 20th 03, 08:09 AM
Elaine Coggins

G-Day,
You can burn any thing with your pots in a sawdust firing, I like burning
seaweed in my pit firing.
Elaine.
--
E.M.Coggins

Old October 21st 03, 08:39 AM
Elaine Coggins

G-Day again.

The type of clay you use affects the colour of course. I find I get some a
really nice pink shades from light to dark pink, and of course black & grey
colours, your pots must be burnished to get a nice finish. I also add a bit
of copper carbonate powder mixture for highlights.

I can send you a picture if you like, just remove nospam from my email
address and and e-mail me direct.
(I think its the salt in the weed that gives the interesting colours)
Elaine.
--
E.M.Coggins

Old October 22nd 03, 02:50 AM