OT Exactly Which Deity is ticked Off?

Old November 8th 11, 01:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT Exactly Which Deity is ticked Off?

Allow me to repeat myself from a previous post...

AGH!
AGH! AGH! AGH!

Where is that freaking barn door?
I NEED to kick the stupid thing to splinters!

The latest horror visited upon me and mine?
My grandson Damien has a MRSA infection.
His mother (DD1) just discovered that the landlord changed all the locks
while she was out tending to Damien.
So far as she knows there is no especial reason for the landlord to have
done this, but he has been acting "kind of creepy" around her lately.
Apparently he was extra creepy when she called him to ask what was going
on.

Yes she has a lawyer she can call, and has promised to do so first thing
in the morning.

Obviously she can't come stay with us right now.
The only other person who is willing and able to take them in on such
short notice is that drunken abusive &^*^&(*&*&* that calls himself
Damien's father.
Because of the infection she can't even go to one of the few shelters in
this county.

The doctors hope the infection is under control.
The poor mite has been cut and drained, and bandaged, and has to take
some seriously high powered antibiotics. His doctor is pretty sure the
infection is still confined to the skin.
His mom has already been in touch with one of the local charities and
gotten all the things she needs to tend him properly, at least until she
can get the things she already has out of her apartment.

This evening is the first time I have heard about the infection.
I am just about spitting goose quills here.
I want to zoom up to where she lives and kick some butt, DD's included
for waiting to let me know about the infection. Though I reckon she
figured with me being under the weather and all that she didn't want to
burden me.

I need to have a conversation with some deities and find out just WHAT
THE HECK!!

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old November 8th 11, 01:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

You know, I don't subscribe to that belief that God (or any other deity that a person calls on) sends bad stuff to test us or make us better or ... whatever. I believe that when we got free will (that thing that separates us from the rest of the sentient creatures on this Earth) we also had to take the whole shebang. Everybody got free will -- creeps, microbes, viruses, the weather, you name it. Just a whole bunch of nastiness and chaos got tossed out because that's what free will is all about. Choices. So we get smacked and beaten down and starved and abused. Because the creeps have free will.. And so do the cells in our bodies that turn into cancer and tumors. And (I'm sorry, I really am) but I believe that some people choose evil. Deliberately.

So there you are. No deity out to get you. No fist to shake at the heavens, or trees or rocks or wherever. Just a hope that we can pray and light candles and talk to our Creator and push that darkness and chaos back a bit. Or find comfort in the midst of the crazy and pain. Because my God is there, hurting with MRSA and in anguish because that precious little one is in pain and your sweet daughter is desperate and your heart is breaking and you can't do anything. My God is with you, with them, holding their hands and your, whispering that love will win in the end, Light will break and morning will come and the battle is worth fighting.

And I'm going to put a big ol' whammy on that creepy landlord and that piece of .... ex and then ask for forgiveness.

Hugs and thinking of you,
Sunny
Old November 8th 11, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Well said, Sunny. Couldn't have done it better. If anyone needs MRSA in
simple terms, it is a 'super bug' that is resistant to just about
everything. Recently I had to take a round of amoxicillin which was really
rough and they say MRSA is unaffected by it. A friend of mine picked up
MRSA in the hospital and he had quite a battle getting rid of it. Polly

Old November 8th 11, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

It's at times like this where I look at all the crap that is
happening and just think "Karma" 'cuz there is NO OTHER explanation. My
DSis is one of those who tries her best, works her ass off, does
everything right, make4s good decisions, etc., etc., etc. She still ends
up with a s*it sandwich on her plate. If it wasn't for bad luck that
poor woman wouldn't have any at all.
So -- that being said, I honestly feel for you and your family. I
am sending "good stuff" along with kitty kisses (they will heal anything
:-) ) to you and your DD. All I can recommend is to stay as positive as
possible and let the "world" sort of pass you by. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

OT Truly Ticked NanaV Quilting 15 January 9th 05 01:07 AM
OT Truly Ticked Update NanaV Quilting 1 January 7th 05 11:10 PM
OK... Someone from Ebay has just ticked me off!!! Harry Beads 4 December 27th 03 04:21 PM