Sea Glass Quilt

Old September 22nd 16, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Sea Glass Quilt

This is my latest quilt and just started it. One I call a no brainer yet time consuming. My quilt will be 4 blocks wide and 5 blocks long. When you add in the 2 1/2 inch sashing it makes the quilt wider. I used mostly mottled colors or mixed together colors and I would have named my quilt Stain glass. Call this one modern in style.
Go have a look as they have a queen size there with free pattern.
www.quickquilts.com/sea glass You will have to type the full address in because for some reason my computer does not underline the whole address. Maybe with Brians help he can fix it so you can go directly there.
Let me know if you like the quilt.
Sandy$
Old September 25th 16, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian[_3_]

wrote:

This is my latest quilt and just started it. One I call a no brainer yet time consuming. My quilt will be 4 blocks wide and 5 blocks long. When you add in the 2 1/2 inch sashing it makes the quilt wider. I used mostly mottled colors or mixed together colors and I would have named my quilt Stain glass. Call this one modern in style.
Go have a look as they have a queen size there with free pattern.
www.quickquilts.com/sea glass You will have to type the full address in because for some reason my computer does not underline the whole address. Maybe with Brians help he can fix it so you can go directly there.
Let me know if you like the quilt.

I found many very different quilts by googling "Sea Glass Quilt."

The first, which is frome McCalls quickquilts magazine, looks like this:
http://www.mccallsquilting.com/quick...-Quilt-Pattern

The other that I found, from a site called craftsy, looks like this:
http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilt...by-quilt/54473

In fact, the images presented from doing a google search using the term
"Sea Glass Quilt" gave me the imprssion that the name "Sea Glass Quilt"
referred more to using mostly "oceanic" blues and greens rather than a
specific pattern of blocks like a jacobs ladder, or courtroom steps or
whatever.

In other words, both a simple 4-patch or a more complex wedding ring (at
least it looks more complex to me) could be a Sea Glass Quilt if you
choose the "correct" shades of blue and green fabric at the fabric
store.

Brian Christiansen

Old September 26th 16, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Brian,
It was the first entry you gave from McCalls Quilts. I made my quilt just a tad smaller with 4 blocks wide and 5 blocks long. It is still a good size quilt because of all the sashing and I used a 5 1/2 inch border on mine.
Thanks Brian for you helping me and us gals.
Sandy$

DJ Quilt in glass teleflora Quilting 20 November 16th 09 07:09 PM
a quilt made of glass Karen, Queen of Squishies[_2_] Quilting 15 October 16th 09 10:17 PM
second stained glass quilt Terbear Quilting 10 July 9th 04 02:49 PM
stained glass quilt Terbear Quilting 31 July 1st 04 12:59 PM
Quilt for Me and Quilting Day progress! And a glass of mead... Polly Esther Quilting 2 January 22nd 04 01:05 AM