Gift of Stitching question

Old October 5th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat in Illinois

Default Gift of Stitching question

Someone mentioned the emagazine The Gift of Stitching, which was a good
thing, because I had forgotten to check on it. I realized I have not
received any notification about the monthly downloads since July. I
have just now downloaded the October issue but the August and September
ones are gone. Anyone have any ideas on how I might recover them?

I don't understand why I stopped receiving the notifications since my
subscription is obviously in effect. I've sent in a new request for
email reminders but that doesn't help the missing issue question.

Pat in Illinois
Old October 5th 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 10/5/08 12:36 PM, "Pat in Illinois" wrote:

Someone mentioned the emagazine The Gift of Stitching, which was a good
thing, because I had forgotten to check on it. I realized I have not
received any notification about the monthly downloads since July. I
have just now downloaded the October issue but the August and September
ones are gone. Anyone have any ideas on how I might recover them?

They had a problem with their website a couple of months ago, and I wonder
if your notification preference got lost then. I missed one for that
reason. My suggestion, which worked for me, is to send an e-mail to the
customer service link, explain that you didn't get notifications for those 2
issues and can they be made available. That's what I did, and they gave me
an open link for a few days - I had to go to the web site, and it was in the
purchase section - I didn't have to pay - and just clicked to download the
missing issue. It's essentially like buying a back issue - but no payment.
If you've never had a miss before, I'd bet they'll get them for you.

I don't understand why I stopped receiving the notifications since my
subscription is obviously in effect. I've sent in a new request for
email reminders but that doesn't help the missing issue question.

Pat in Illinois

See above. They were very nice and I got my missing issues, and just
re-signed up for the notificiations.

Good luck.

Ellice

Old October 6th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Oct 5, 12:36*pm, Pat in Illinois wrote:
Someone mentioned the emagazine The Gift of Stitching, which was a good
thing, because I had forgotten to check on it. *I realized I have not
received any notification about the monthly downloads since July. *I
have just now downloaded the October issue but the August and September
ones are gone. *Anyone have any ideas on how I might recover them?

I don't understand why I stopped receiving the notifications since my
subscription is obviously in effect. *I've sent in a new request for
email reminders but that doesn't help the missing issue question.

Pat in Illinois

There is a customer service part of their website that details how to
get those issues that you paid for but didn't download. I missed one
this summer while away on vacation. Was very efficient dealing with
them.

Donna in Virginia

stitching question SMark Needlework 12 May 12th 07 07:29 PM
Gift of Stitching Magazine lewmew Needlework 3 December 2nd 06 06:13 PM
FS: Paper ART GIFT Gift Wrapping with Kathryn Klar PC CD-ROM Seals4Deals Marketplace 0 May 8th 06 09:47 PM
Stupid Stitching Question Maureen In Vancouver, B.C. Needlework 8 October 26th 05 01:13 PM
Kissmoose gift question georg Needlework 9 November 25th 03 06:35 PM