Knitting and crochet EVERY WHERE

Old November 30th 05, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Knitting and crochet EVERY WHERE

Today as i walked from my dentist to my bus , and since it was a hot [
abnoemal for this time], i wemt 4 stations by foot and half enjoyed
half was upset as our ex elegant street of mid town [ Haifa being on a
mountain up to 26o metters high , has Top part middle part and down
part ] has become a [rather cheap] market like place , Not nice , but
adventurerous, mercandise of the whole world , same items sold for a
big difference in price , gadgets , clothes , some newc shops trying
to look elegant ,,, the new trend of little shops with some nice
clothes ,. some bags, some jewelery and a [less] young but determind
sales ladie, who catches you between her and the door if you enter ,,
but it has it`s charm ... and i have bought some mice things. I also
keep telling my fruiends that there is no ned to travel to Tel-Aviv
for the Carmel Shuk [= Market = Bazaar] and as our mountain`s name is
Carmel i tell them the Market Shuk has come to Mount Carmel :::
I have invited 2 friends to make them next week a "Tour Our Shuks"
,,,walk ,,,
Here are some things i got , in a decorator`s shop i found a left over
piece of curtain , ideal for Bags , with some weird styled cats ,.,,,
ideal for a cushions for my daughter, and some items for the Cat`s
Bazaar. 3 X 1.5 metters of beades strings, 2 made of 9 strings [10
Shekel less than 2 $] and the 1 made of 7 strings even less] . i use
tose in my art and also will share sopme with my Friend who uses many
beads.... i might use them in whole or open them ,,,,, 3 armbands of
pites made into flower ,, for less than 2 $ .... this all will be well
used in my art. Some leftover colored ribbons for 2 shekel ,,,, [ less
than 5 shekel to a $ ] Some aplique Cats , flowers and butterflies for
less than 2 $ .. I am Aran Crocheting me a barret , but found 2 ready
mades for 30 shekel .... and thought i would embroider or aplique on
them , either use them myself or give 1-2 away as presents,,,, Yester
night we met a woman we knew and she said her new short story book was
out , thus i went to buy that , and she promised she will sign it ....
I got a puzzle book , and the New Reader`s digest for my husband, and
i saw loads of newly decorated dishes , pots , etc... and i saw
SWEATERS , SOCKS, BAGS, PONCHOCHOS , CAPELLETES WITH OR WITHOUT
HOODS, Jackets , vests skirts ,,,,, EVERYTHING KNITTED OR CROCHETED ,
Where the prices were low, the quality was jeeky , where the prices
were HIGHER ,,,, and quality was good ,,,, we can make it ladies ,,,,
Knit/crochet the world .
mirjam

strings ,
Old November 30th 05, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" skrev i melding
[...]

Thank you for sharing, Mirjam,
for some moments I was together with you
at Your Carmel Shuk!
I saw the coloures, even felt the sun, and was a bit exhausted
from my pretended walking up to the market to meet you! LOL!
AUD ;-)

Old November 30th 05, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

JOAN , thank you , i haven`t meant it this way ,but it deffinitely
could ,,, i think ???? either Gemini or Nora once had the list ???
But we have Multipied since than ...
so we might make an other list
here goes please add your name Country first ] Please add your
country before or after mine afcording to ABC order .

Israel Haifa mirjam

Mirjam - that should be the motto for this group - we are a global
bunch here. Has anyone ever noted which/how many nations we represent?

Old November 30th 05, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
JOAN , thank you , i haven`t meant it this way ,but it deffinitely
could ,,, i think ???? either Gemini or Nora once had the list ???
But we have Multipied since than ...
so we might make an other list
here goes please add your name Country first ] Please add your
country before or after mine afcording to ABC order .

Israel Haifa mirjam

USA Connecticut Joan

Old December 1st 05, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I cleaned up the previous messages. Janise

Belgium Brussels Sofia (from Lisbon, Portugal)

Canada Ontario Darlene in Toronto

Israel Haifa mirjam

Italy Barbara Vaughan

USA Connecticut Joan
USA Minnesota Karen in MN
USA New York Janise
USA Tennessee Noreen

Old December 1st 05, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Janise" wrote in message
I cleaned up the previous messages. Janise

Belgium Brussels Sofia (from Lisbon, Portugal)

Canada Ontario Darlene in Toronto

Israel Haifa mirjam

Italy Barbara Vaughan

USA Connecticut Joan