Sunday morning

Old September 12th 04, 05:45 PM
JudyTurpin

Default Sunday morning

Hi -- Just had a nice cup of tea. Some friends of DH in India gave him a bag
of special tea when he saw them at a meeting recently - so I brewed some this
morning instead of making coffee. DH is off at choir practice and I need to
get ready to leave soon but thought I would log on to see what was happening.

I tried a couple of different ponchos and will send them off to the grandkids.
The one I was doing (like the one in Kristen's picture) with the microspun is
finished and it worked fine. I didn't try to put fringe on as that yarn splits
immediately on being cut and I wasn't sure I would like the stringy effect.
Might be fine, though.
The good thing is that it is very soft and washable.

I have been working on the shawl that was a UFO for so long and finally
transitioned back into a WIP after I decided it didn't need to be as long as
the pattern indicated. I am just about done with the border around the two
shorter sides of the triangle and am about to start an attached I-cord for the
top/longer side. Then I shall be done. I will send it to DD with her birthday
package.

I am a bit distracted right now as I am busy planning a 40th anniversary
celebration for the local unit of the American Association of University Women
that I am involved with. They wanted me to make a Power Point presentation
using old pictures and articles etc featuring early members and
accomplishments.
It was a first effort for me but DH does them all the time, so he has been my
consultant. It seems to be coming together. The event is next Saturday. As
usual, I am finding the best way to improve computer skills is simply to dive
in and try something new.

What is everyone else up to today?? We have a nice sunny but cooler day - fall
seems to be on the way.
JCT
Old September 12th 04, 06:06 PM
mejane

Hi, Judy, just finished off my breakfast and thought I would catch up on
what people were doing this nice Sunday morning - I should say
afternoon. At least it is nice up here in Toronto. I am taking it easy
today - had a difficult week in the office as the network died and I had
to keep people going.
This week is going to be busy as well as the server comes back and I
will have to hook everyone up again.

I have your squares done and hope to get them in the mail early this
week. The only problem is (aside from the fact I am an obsessive
person) -- actually, that is the problem. I decided that this was a
perfect excuse to try different stitches that I have never used but - to
my dismay - and I should have known - different stitches like lace
apposed to garter stitch - comes out a different gauge. Plus, it is not
that easy to design lace - at least not for me. So, I have done about
20 or so squares and have, I think, four I might keep that will not get
ripped out. Lots of fun but not particularly productive.

I saw a quilt at a recent fair that was small squares inside smaller
squares. It was so beautiful and I decided an afghan of a similar
pattern would be beautiful - and I think it will - but I think I have to
keep it relatively simple, just different colours - not so much
different stitches and it should work out without tooooo much frogging.

Well, I hope everyone is having a pleasant day or productive day, your
choice, and the weather is not playing havoc. There are times in the
middle of winter when I sometimes dream of living south of Canada but I
certainly am glad I am up here in hurricane season. My heart and
prayers go out to anyone in the path of these terrible storms.

Jane in Toronto

Old September 12th 04, 06:14 PM
Kristen

I'm glad your poncho worked out It's such a nice quick project! I'm
making another for a friend and it's about half done already and I haven't
worked on it much. I have another just about finished, but I'm dreading
finishing it because it was made out of a partially used skein and I don't
think there is enough yarn left...at least I know what brand/color it is and
it's still available! It's just the principle of it, LOL. All I have left
is to fringe it. Doesn't matter if I do it now or not, though, since that
one, along with the half finished one and another not started one are all
going to get mailed together.

Today I'm cleaning up my room...I have a paper to write for one of my
courses...and then probably watching a movie or two and crocheting I
really want to unplug my little 13" TV and take it on the front porch for
some relaxing!

~Kristen

Old September 12th 04, 08:07 PM
Aud

Judy, I see you have more than enough to do for the comming week!

It's sunday evening here, and GUESS what I have done this day!
......something I have planned for a long time,
but it is more and more work to it as times go on....
But now it's ALMOST done:
I have made a PC-"album" of all my 6x6 friends!
I made a list of months, names, E-mail addys; a hyperlink to a document
for each friend, where I copied the mails and pictures...

But ONE last thing is to be done, scanning of the squares. My scanner is
not too cooperative these days,
but when I reinstall the driver, it use to be nice and polite.
That is the last part.
One thing I regret now, Is that I haven't scanned the squares I sent
myself, but may be I start now?
This was something of a job, but I am VERY happy to have done it!
AUD ;-))

"JudyTurpin" skrev i melding

Old September 12th 04, 10:22 PM
Katherine

Good evening, everyone. I didn't get here this morning. Grandson Liam spent
the night, and we went to church this morning and out for lunch afterwards.
However, it is definitely fall-ish here now, which means that the weather is
good for knitting. g Not that I have done much lately - I am so far behind
in my 6x6 that I need to be kicked. However, they are started, and will be
sent soon, I promise.

Hope you all had a great Sunday.

Katherine

Old September 12th 04, 11:35 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Everyone,

It's about 6:30pm and I'm just getting here. We went for brunch the DH wanted
to hit a couple of stores before coming home. It was a lovely day for a ride so
we took our time. I don't know about crocheting this evening, my eyes may not
stay open as we worked outside for the better part of the day yesterday
trimming the front for the last time this year. 21 shrubs and bushes done. At
least I can do them by myself now. Also mowed the lawn as it's summer here
again.

Hugs to all,

Nora
Old September 13th 04, 01:52 AM
Beinchat

Hi everyone. I wasn't very productive today I'm afraid. Slept about 10
hours then took a nap on the couch til my dad came over. I think I'm still
tired from that double pnuemonia I had....
Anyway, dad had spent some time sorting through some old boxes in the
garage and he brought me an old Simplicity How To Needlework book. It was
dated 1974 and cost $1.25 lol. Some of the pictures of the knitted things are
certainly back in vogue now. Even though the book had different chapters on
all the *how to-s* of knitting, crochet and various needlework, it didn't have
any patterns which was a disappointment! Some of the ribbed sweaters and vests
were very nice and I saw 2 of them in the pictures that I would have liked to
make. I guess all the pictures just showed what a person had the potential to
do after mastering the techniques.
I have turned the heel on the second of my Christmas socks, and this yarn
is behaving itself....the aran sweater probably won't be down in time for this
Christmas, as I only have part of a sleeve and about 6 inches of the back done.
It's a size 52 sweater and it sure is slow going lol.
It's been HOT here, almost 110 all week. No clouds, almost no rain this
year, very hot and dry. If any of our Canadian friends get too much cold
weather too soon, I will be happy to trade them 20 degrees of our warm for some
of their cool temps. : )
Have a great day, and Rhonda, I should be mailing out your squares soon.
Marie and the cats
Old September 13th 04, 02:33 AM
NoraBalcer

Hi Marie,

I wish I could have sent you some of our rain. We broke the record this year,
the month of August was the wettest in history. For Sept. it's very warm and I
would much rather have it cooler.

Hugs,

Nora

Sunday morning talk Els van Dam Yarn 5 September 1st 04 06:36 PM
Sunday morning peace message (little OT) Els van Dam Yarn 5 August 24th 04 09:43 AM
Sunday morning mejane Yarn 1 August 9th 04 02:27 PM
Sunday morning coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 44 July 21st 04 03:31 AM
Sunday morning Maggs K Yarn 3 April 19th 04 04:10 AM