Storm in the east

Old December 7th 03, 04:56 PM
Shillelagh

Default Storm in the east

Who on our group is involved in that lousy weather out east? Keep safe!

Shelagh

Old December 7th 03, 05:04 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Shelagh,

Me, for one. DH and I have snowblowed about 20 inches of white fluffy stuff
since yesterday morning. May have to do it once more this afternoon. The only
good thing about it, it makes it look like a Christmas card, but I've had
enough until Dec. 2004.

Thanks for asking.

Hugs,

Nora
Old December 7th 03, 05:29 PM
KDW

Hi,

It just started here in our area this morning. We're expected to get 50 -55
cm or approximately 20 inches by tomorrow afternoon.

Great day to be snuggled in and crocheting.

Hubby will be busy tomorrow with the snow-blower.

Dawn in New Brunswick, Canada

Old December 7th 03, 06:02 PM
spampot

Shillelagh wrote:
Who on our group is involved in that lousy weather out east? Keep safe!

Shelagh

waving from a snowdrift Got about eight inches, but in two spurts, so
we could keep up w/the shoveling and not have to pay someone w/a
snow-blower. Very weird here, though; ten miles away it was just rain &
sleet. I love snow! It looks so Christmassy outdoors as I sit writing
my holiday cards and listening to holiday CDs!

Old December 7th 03, 06:55 PM
NoraBalcer

Have to mention this one, we have a Japanese cherry tree in the middle of our
back yard, well instead of partridges in a pear tree, how about mourning doves
in a cherry tree. Right now there are a dozen of them sitting in there. The all
live in the pine tree behind our shed and don't like the puppy that lives out
back so they are now staying there until he goes in the house. It's funny to
see all these balls of grey fluff in the tree.

Hugs,

Nora where it's still snowing, but not as hard.
Old December 7th 03, 07:02 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On 07 Dec 2003 18:55:32 GMT, NoraBalcer wrote:

Have to mention this one, we have a Japanese cherry tree in the middle of our
back yard, well instead of partridges in a pear tree, how about mourning doves
in a cherry tree. Right now there are a dozen of them sitting in there. The all
live in the pine tree behind our shed and don't like the puppy that lives out
back so they are now staying there until he goes in the house. It's funny to
see all these balls of grey fluff in the tree.

Hugs,

Nora where it's still snowing, but not as hard.

In my experience, mourning doves LOVE 3 to 4 AM to start cooing, and it's
LOUD if it's anywhere near your bedroom, I hope they're gone by then!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 7th 03, 07:12 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Noreen,

No, in the winter you never hear them, but now in the summer when the windows
are open I get an early morning wake up call. LOL

Hugs,

Nora
Old December 7th 03, 09:48 PM
Shillelagh

"KDW" wrote in message
Hi,

It just started here in our area this morning. We're expected to get

50 -55
cm or approximately 20 inches by tomorrow afternoon.

Great day to be snuggled in and crocheting.

Hubby will be busy tomorrow with the snow-blower.

Dawn in New Brunswick, Canada

I'm in Manitoba, and luckily, so far, we haven't needed our snowblower.
It's not working right now..... DH was supposed to get on that job a couple
of months ago....

Shelagh

Old December 7th 03, 10:00 PM
Aud

Well, if you go very far east, and a bit north(?),
I can tell you that we were involved in "something" a coupple of days ago.
It is over now. But some places in Norway lost their electric craft,
I guess they have got it back .
We HAD snow, but it is nearly gone.
AUD ;-)

--

"Shillelagh" skrev i melding
Who on our group is involved in that lousy weather out east? Keep safe!

Shelagh

OT - Gee thanks for that Storm Kathy N-V Beads 19 January 4th 05 04:13 AM
storm at sea Julia Altshuler Quilting 9 June 13th 04 05:10 PM
AD: Storm the Gift Horse II starlia Beads 2 March 3rd 04 09:44 PM
Message for animaux COL. BILL KILGORE Needlework 392 February 15th 04 09:41 PM
SNOW STORM SPECIAL LasImpPan Rubberstamps 0 December 6th 03 08:20 PM