Swallowtail Shawl

Old May 16th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LauraJ[_2_]

Default Swallowtail Shawl

This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room where
it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many gorgeous
pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I have made
one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ

Old May 16th 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Fri, 16 May 2008 18:38:40 +0000, LauraJ wrote:

This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room
where it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many
gorgeous pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I
have made one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ

Laura that is so beautiful - very well done. That red is such a vibrant,
colour, it will look wonderful on.

Thank you for sharing! :-)
--
Bernadette
Old May 17th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Laura wrote:

This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room
where it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many
gorgeous pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that
I have made one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

Ooh...pretty!! Nice work.

I've got a shawl waiting to be blocked, and I was trying to figure out
how to do it with the materials I have available, and looking at this
lit the low-wattage light bulb in my head (and also has me going, "Well,
duh!" 'cause I should have thought of using both the blocking board and
the foam mats).

The Other Kim
kimmeratsoylentgreenfielddotcom

Old May 17th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On May 16, 9:38*pm, "LauraJ" wrote:
This was my first "real" lace. *Every time I walk into the dining room where
it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. *I've seen so many gorgeous
pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I have made
one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ

CONGRATULATIONS L A U R A
may you have many healthy years wearing that beautiful shawl
mirjam

Old May 17th 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Millie James

LauraJ wrote:
This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room where
it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many gorgeous
pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I have made
one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ

congratulations on your first real lace ... that's an heirloom! a
treasure! flaming wonderfull.

_ _ _ _ _
Millie

9 shades of jade.
Old May 17th 08, 06:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"LauraJ" wrote in message news:QwkXj.42$Uf1.5@trndny08...
This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room
where it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many
gorgeous pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I
have made one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ

Great job. It's a beautiful shawl! What yarn did you use?

Shelagh

Old May 18th 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Lauraj,

You should be proud. I bet you are the envy of many in this group!

Hugs and God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Old May 18th 08, 06:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

LauraJ wrote:
This was my first "real" lace. *Every time I walk into the dining room where
it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. *I've seen so many gorgeous
pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I have made
one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ- Hide quoted text -

No envy Dennis ,,more a Role model !!!!
mirjam
Old May 19th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LauraJ[_2_]

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 16 May 2008 18:38:40 +0000, LauraJ wrote:

This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room
where it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many
gorgeous pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I
have made one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ

Laura that is so beautiful - very well done. That red is such a vibrant,
colour, it will look wonderful on.

Thank you for sharing! :-)
--
Bernadette

Thank you, Bernadette! In real life it is more a hot pink and orange
combination. I actually thought I was buying red but that is the downside
of buying yarn online!

LauraJ

Old May 19th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LauraJ[_2_]

"The Other Kim" wrote in message
Laura wrote:

This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room
where it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many
gorgeous pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I
have made one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

Ooh...pretty!! Nice work.

I've got a shawl waiting to be blocked, and I was trying to figure out how
to do it with the materials I have available, and looking at this lit the
low-wattage light bulb in my head (and also has me going, "Well, duh!"
'cause I should have thought of using both the blocking board and the foam
mats).

The Other Kim
kimmeratsoylentgreenfielddotcom

You should have seen the acrobatics that were performed in trying to get it
all pinned out! I needed two layers of foam mats to reach the height of the
blocking board. But then they didn't all fit on the table so I needed a
chair for them to rest on. But that was a little too high so I used a heavy
piece of pottery to weigh the mat down. And I had to keep the whole
contraption out of reach of my 2 year old. It was an exciting and
nerve-wracking couple of days until I unpinned it!

Thank you for the compliments. I can't wait to see your shawl. Enjoy that
magic when you finally unpin the work!

LauraJ

Another shawl DONE YarnWright Yarn 16 January 22nd 07 03:25 AM
"Swallowtail" by Skarabaus Christina Peterson Beads 7 January 17th 06 02:11 PM
Here's that shawl I kept asking about Dawn Alguard Yarn 20 August 26th 04 03:02 PM
Shawl - again Bryan Yarn 2 November 5th 03 11:27 PM
Shawl Laura Sullwold Yarn 19 August 29th 03 05:27 PM