with regard to the future of beaded jewellery

Old December 20th 06, 09:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
anshul jain

Default with regard to the future of beaded jewellery

Dear friends,

I would like to know that how do u forsee the future of beaded
jewellery.Whether it will be there or will the fashion of light silver
jewellery will take on.As nowadays lot of casting units have come up
from china and india offering silver jewellery at cheap rates.What do u
forsee the future of hand made jewellery using beads with the strings
along with some silver beads.

As there is an human involvement and the cost of production is high in
comparison to machines how do take the survival of man made jewellery
in comparison to machine made.

Regards,
Anshul

Old December 21st 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
m4816k

I think it will pass just like any other fashion trend. I remember some of
my friends loving and wearing yellow gold a lot, but as soon as "white metal
trend" came to focus, they claimed they never really loved yellow gold and
could only be seen wearing white. Nowdays, when yellow gold is making a
comeback, those same people are wearing it again and claim "it was always
their only passion". So I think beads will retain some market as etno or
folk (native) jewellery, but massive trend will pass.

Old December 21st 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
ted frater

anshul jain wrote:
Dear friends,

I would like to know that how do u forsee the future of beaded
jewellery.Whether it will be there or will the fashion of light silver
jewellery will take on.As nowadays lot of casting units have come up
from china and india offering silver jewellery at cheap rates.What do u
forsee the future of hand made jewellery using beads with the strings
along with some silver beads.

As there is an human involvement and the cost of production is high in
comparison to machines how do take the survival of man made jewellery
in comparison to machine made.

Regards,
Anshul

Well, my gut feeling/answer to your 1st paragraph is,
there will always be a place for the cheap and cheerful fun jewellery
that for example a fair maid might wear on the beach or to go swimming
in. After all kids from as early as 3 years thread wood beads on string
and get lots of pleasure from that.

the answer to your 2nd paragraph can be seen in any up market shopping area.
In the same way that folk might run a Datsun sunny as a run about to get
knocked about in the supermarket car park., they might also have a
Mercedes when the occasion arises.
Heres hoping you know the difference between these 2.
Therein lies your answer.

Old December 22nd 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Kingfisher

Default with regard to the future of beaded jewelery

Hi,

Went to a wholesale show a couple of months ago and probably half of
the stock being shown was beads. Where we saw people lined up to buy
beads last year, so very few were buying them this year.

The exception was in pearls and Swarovski.

But I don't know how this translates to the sales of beaded jewelry - I
suspect that they are not selling that much so cannot be adding more
beads to the inventory. It doesn't seem that I am seeing that many
people wearing beads as I go out and about.

I just don't know.
Louise

http://www.fine-wire-jewelry.com/spectrum

Old December 22nd 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Marilee J. Layman

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 04:20:46 GMT, ted frater
wrote:

Well, my gut feeling/answer to your 1st paragraph is,
there will always be a place for the cheap and cheerful fun jewellery

Ghu knows, my beaded jewelry isn't cheap. And the political pieces
are rarely cheerful.
--
Marilee J. Layman
http://mjlayman.livejournal.com/

Old December 23rd 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
ted frater

wrote:

Well, my gut feeling/answer to your 1st paragraph is,
there will always be a place for the cheap and cheerful fun jewellery

Ghu knows, my beaded jewelry isn't cheap. And the political pieces
are rarely cheerful.

The business if I may call it that, of designing making and marketing
ones own product is fraught with pitfalls.
One needs to get all 3 factors right otherwise it wont succeed.

What ever you make, wether its beaded jewellery or forged work or the
top end stuff, such as diamonds and platinum work, forethought and
planning are essential.

As all makers have to start somewhere, they need to make a product that
there comfortable with , can make quickly with relatively simple
techniques and sell to cover their operating costs.
that includes ones time at what ever one choses to set it at.
Having designed it, made it , then one needs to find the right place to
sell it.
for example theres no point in offering expensive items in a street
market. But its a very good place to start. It will teach you all sorts
of skills youll need later on when you move on to making better stuff at
highr prices.
Then you can move on from your street market to better venues where your
daily takings are much more as your clientele are much higher spenders.
when you have moved up the exhibition scale youll have the confidence
to carry it off on a big scale.
there, one needs to have some top end items just in case someone comes
along that will pay that $2000.00 price tag for your special one off.
You DO need the right product in the right place at the right price you
then will succeed.
Selling high end stuff is quite different to what you do in a street
market. What ever you do and what ever you say , your display and what
you dont say all count in the business of getting the person in front of
you to want what youve made so badly that thell buy it regardless of
whatever other commitments they might have.
Hope this is of some help to those who arnt sure how its going to work
out for them.
the buck stops with you , what you earn is what your worth.

Old December 23rd 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
anshul jain

Dear,

Users thanxs a lot for the kind advice . It was quite a moral
booster.
Have come to realize that everything sells...provided we have found the
right kind of customer at the right time....and also if we are
supplying them the material at the rates where they feel they are
benefitted and they are not merely one time customers.

Who knows at what time our customer will think of our product and might
recommend few other people to buy.Thats where the future lies.Customer
satisfaction..and since a few people told that its just a trend and
fashion is never out it just fades away and gains momentum after a few
years.

So the key is to keep on working on the product (whether its bebaded
jewellery for that matter) and it will come back witha bang...thats
where i will make my money guys and hopeffully each one of you as well.

Thanxs again