losing sleep to string beads

Old March 25th 04, 04:38 AM
Carla

Thanks, Kalera, and all, for the positive feedback.

This effort did come out a lot better than my first attempt. Hopefully,
I'll have a chance to try some more soon. I get a lot of inspiration
from you guys, and keep wanting to, not just *do*, but improve

Cheers,
Carla

Kalera Stratton wrote:

I love those colors! Yum. The composition of the piece is great, too...
I like the whole thing a lot! You're a beginner at polyclay? those beads
are great.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Carla wrote:

I blame you all for making me sit up late to finish projects

I found a gorgeous paua pendant and decided to string a necklace
today. But I didn't want to use just regular ol' seed beads, and
didn't feel like trying to match a bunch of delicas to make beaded beads.

"Ah ha!" sez I to me, "I'll pull out the ol' Sculpey III and *make*
some beads to go with the pendant!" even though I only experimented
with clay once a year or so ago, and made weird green blobs with holes
in them.

So I spent the day kneading and blending and cutting and rolling,
thinking how nice they were coming out (for a beginner g); not
thinking at all about having flourescent light in the kitchen, and how
the beads wouldn't match the pendant *at all* in different lighting
environments grrr...

A bunch o' beads later, I strung them with sz. 8 matte finish seeds
and a few copper spacers. And the paua goes back in the stash drawer,
waiting for different (better) inspiration. And I'm thinking I might
try clay again, and actually *practice* the techniques in the book

Anyway, here's my first finished piece -
http://home.earthlink.net/~sardonyx/...ay%20beads.jpg

and a closeup of the dangly parts -
http://home.earthlink.net/~sardonyx/...%20closeup.jpg

I didn't try to adjust the color in the pics, but the piece is
actually not quite as mustard-y looking as the pics indicate.

Cheers,
Carla