crocheted sachet stuffing

Old October 4th 03, 12:29 PM
Anna MCM

Default crocheted sachet stuffing

Hi!

Iīm going to try the pattern for a crocheted sachet:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/hanger.htm

I already have the yarn, the ribbon and the tulle (well, itīs not really
tulle, but I donīt know the name of the fabric, even in Italian LOL).
I donīt want to use poutpourri, since many people higly dislike the
strong scent from poutpourri, DH among them.
I would like to use dried lavanda flowers, but I noticed that thereīs
also lavanda oil on sell.
Which one would you prefer? Maybe oil is more practical, but how long
does it last on a cotton ball inside the sachet?
Maybe the oil option could be better in case I would send a sachet to
USA and other countries (I know that USA has very hard regulations when
it comes to plants and part of plants from outside, but I could be
wrong). Just wondering...
Any other idea is welcome...

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old October 4th 03, 03:51 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Anna Maria,

That is so pretty, my suggestion would be to just put something inside and
leave it with no fragrance, but let the owner put whatever they wanted to in
it. That way it would be able to be shipped to all countries.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 4th 03, 04:57 PM
Anna MCM

NoraBalcer wrote:

Hi Anna Maria,

That is so pretty, my suggestion would be to just put something inside and
leave it with no fragrance, but let the owner put whatever they wanted to in
it. That way it would be able to be shipped to all countries.

Thatīs a good idea! I could ship it with some ribbon and fabric as
"assemble your sachet kit" :-)

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old October 5th 03, 04:06 AM
Shillelagh

"Anna MCM" wrote in message
NoraBalcer wrote:

Hi Anna Maria,

That is so pretty, my suggestion would be to just put something inside

and
leave it with no fragrance, but let the owner put whatever they wanted

to in
it. That way it would be able to be shipped to all countries.

Thatīs a good idea! I could ship it with some ribbon and fabric as
"assemble your sachet kit" :-)

Hugs,

Anna Maria

I make crocheted sachets a lot for little gifts for friends, and stuff them
with polyester stuffing.

Shelagh

Old October 5th 03, 06:51 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Anna Maria when i sent [ i did once] a scented bag to Usa i put in
scented soap , this is allowed by all standards , mirjam

Old October 5th 03, 07:48 AM
Anna MCM

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Anna Maria when i sent [ i did once] a scented bag to Usa i put in
scented soap , this is allowed by all standards , mirjam

Thanks Mirjam!

Thatīs a lovely idea as well!

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old October 6th 03, 09:17 AM
Anna MCM

Shillelagh wrote:

I make crocheted sachets a lot for little gifts for friends, and stuff them
with polyester stuffing.

Do you add some perfume oil too? And if so, how many drops?
Sorry for the very basic questions, but I never made this before.

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old October 6th 03, 11:30 PM
Shillelagh

"Anna MCM" wrote in message
Shillelagh wrote:

I make crocheted sachets a lot for little gifts for friends, and stuff

them
with polyester stuffing.

Do you add some perfume oil too? And if so, how many drops?
Sorry for the very basic questions, but I never made this before.

Hugs,

Anna Maria

It depends if I know the fragrance they like. The last one I made, I knew
my friend liked Lavender - and I had some nice light cologne which I sprayed
it with.

Shelagh