September FOs

Old October 4th 03, 03:40 AM
SlinkyToy

Default September FOs

More than I thought

Two hairy mohair scarves (frogged the third when I found a dropped
stitch way back near the beginning)

Six caps for the Taos booth

Garter shawl, which turned out to be too small for me, so I sent it to
Taos

Wonderful Wallaby for DS (blue ribbon at the county fair)

One knitted and fulled bag

One of a pair of socks

Lots of "designer" pens

WIPs:

picked up the Aran, trying to figure out if I was tinking or
reknitting - it has two circs in it for some reason and I'm confused

The UFOghan

Socks from Hell (tm)

Mittens from Hell (tm)

Cherry Tree Hill socks that need to be snipped for the afterthought
heels *shudder*

Hairy mohair scarf (xmas)

Red nylon springy eyelash-type stuff scarf (xmas)

Bulky cap/scarf (xmas)

Spinning in the grease for a sweater

Scarf for FIL (xmas)
Old October 4th 03, 03:43 AM
SlinkyToy

Well gee, I also scoured 9# of wool, spun about 3, and knitted squares
for the exchange.

Old October 4th 03, 02:32 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 02:40:47 GMT, SlinkyToy wrote:

Wonderful Wallaby for DS (blue ribbon at the county fair)

Congratulations!

One knitted and fulled bag

So far, I've resisted the temptation to make one of those. My resolve is
weakening, though. Are you finding the finished bag of any use? I made one
years ago but it was only a clutch purse and I should have thought twice
about that since I never carry clutch purses. Hmm, maybe I could dig it out
of the cedar chest and add a strap... Kumihimo, of course!

The UFOghan

This sounds intriguing. I have this feeling that it's composed of UFOs, or
the yarn from UFOs. Is it?

Cherry Tree Hill socks that need to be snipped for the afterthought
heels *shudder*

Takes courage, that does. I did afterthought thumbs on some mittens, but
what I did was knit the "hole" stitches in a smooth contrast yarn that I
could slide out, then knit them with the main yarn. So, no snipping.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old October 4th 03, 02:34 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 02:43:07 GMT, SlinkyToy wrote:

Well gee, I also scoured 9# of wool, spun about 3, and knitted squares
for the exchange.

All right, enough! I'm getting tired just reading these!

Old October 4th 03, 06:50 PM
SlinkyToy

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 13:32:30 GMT, "Helen \"Halla\" Fleischer"
wrote:

| On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 02:40:47 GMT, SlinkyToy wrote:

Wonderful Wallaby for DS (blue ribbon at the county fair)

Congratulations!

Thanks! Now to get the kid into the sweater so I can take a pic for
the brag page

One knitted and fulled bag

So far, I've resisted the temptation to make one of those. My resolve is
weakening, though. Are you finding the finished bag of any use? I made one
years ago but it was only a clutch purse and I should have thought twice
about that since I never carry clutch purses. Hmm, maybe I could dig it out
of the cedar chest and add a strap... Kumihimo, of course!

Well, I started it as an oversized hat that I wanted to full. While
the swatch fulled nicely the hat shrank in height without losing a bit
of circumference. So I stretched it out into a cigar shape, added a
frog closure and twisted cords from the same yarn. Sent it to Taos,
will know tomorrow night if it sold or if I'll be giving it as a
Christmas gift...

The UFOghan

This sounds intriguing. I have this feeling that it's composed of UFOs, or
the yarn from UFOs. Is it?

Actually it is an afghan I started about 3 years ago and haven't
worked on in ages. I made a resolution at the beginning of this year
to make one round every night. The resolution didn't last. I need to
transfer it all to a string and see how big around it really it - it
MAY be large enough and I can bind it off. But I'm lazy.

Cherry Tree Hill socks that need to be snipped for the afterthought
heels *shudder*

Takes courage, that does. I did afterthought thumbs on some mittens, but
what I did was knit the "hole" stitches in a smooth contrast yarn that I
could slide out, then knit them with the main yarn. So, no snipping.

That's what I usually do. But I forgot to do it for the first sock,
so didn't knit the heel stitches on waste yarn for the second. I'll
take them to knitting on Monday night for assistance in determining
exactly where to snip. All they need is heels and I can wear them!

Old October 5th 03, 09:23 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 17:50:47 GMT, SlinkyToy wrote:

Wonderful Wallaby for DS (blue ribbon at the county fair)

Congratulations!

Thanks! Now to get the kid into the sweater so I can take a pic for
the brag page

That almost sounds harder than making it.

Well, I started it as an oversized hat that I wanted to full. While
the swatch fulled nicely the hat shrank in height without losing a bit
of circumference. So I stretched it out into a cigar shape, added a
frog closure and twisted cords from the same yarn. Sent it to Taos,
will know tomorrow night if it sold or if I'll be giving it as a
Christmas gift...

So long as you don't GET it as a present. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

The UFOghan

Actually it is an afghan I started about 3 years ago and haven't
worked on in ages. I made a resolution at the beginning of this year
to make one round every night. The resolution didn't last. I need to
transfer it all to a string and see how big around it really it - it
MAY be large enough and I can bind it off. But I'm lazy.

Knitted, then? And center-out? It does get wearying when you get to those
longer rounds. I think that's why people tend to avoid center-out for big
things like that. I know I do. Last one I did like that was the Pi-shawl
and that was lace so it went a bit faster. I never wear it though. Turns
out it made me look as round-shouldered as a torpedo. I'm seriously tempted
to do an after-thought on it and turn it into either a poncho or that
Pi-shawl cardigan that Lily Chin had in a back issue of Knitters. At least
I think it was Knitters.

That's what I usually do. But I forgot to do it for the first sock,
so didn't knit the heel stitches on waste yarn for the second. I'll
take them to knitting on Monday night for assistance in determining
exactly where to snip. All they need is heels and I can wear them!

So near and yet so far!

Old October 6th 03, 11:14 AM
Niina

Let's see:

- A sweater for SO I started in January (he wore it all weekend and is
wearing it today, so I guess he likes it)
- Some afghan squares and strips for charity afghans I'm about to put
together this month
- Two pairs of socks

WIPs:
- A shawl from red mohair
- A cardigan for myself
- Floor pillows for the living room (I'm going to sew these and use
them in front of the fire place)

I've got several projects planned (don't we all?) I haven't started
yet, I've been busy organizing my crafts room (we moved to a new house
in July, and I've got my very own room for yarn, yay!).

Niina

Old October 6th 03, 09:29 PM
NoraBalcer

Niina,

How lovely, a craft room, wish I had one, but mine is the room for everything
but the kitchen sink, LOL.

Hugs,

Nora