Vent!

Old September 28th 03, 06:02 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

Default Vent!

This has got to be the most annoying spam to hit my mail box, yet!
Why? Because the finks used an innocuous sounding name and subject line
that made me look! Well, at the mere code version anyway, not launching it.
Thank goodness for that bit of native caution and handy feature of Agent!

Then I get to wondering how a crochet hook could possibly...
No, I won't look!
But I do have an imagination...
Ack! I can't get that thought out of my head!
Beasts! Fiends! I may not be able to look at a crochet hook again for days.
Thank goodness my WIP is knitting!

Subject: crochet
From: "Victoria
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:36:29 GMT

{html code removed}
Safe and natural penis enlargement with GUARANTEED RESULTS!
Enlarge your PENIS and improve your SEX Life!

[etc.. etc]

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old September 28th 03, 06:40 PM
NoraBalcer

Helen,

I got that one too, and saw the first line and hit the spam button and sent it
to AOL.

Hugs,

Nora
Old September 30th 03, 07:37 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Helen,

Can't be the person who sent it knows what crocheting is or thought we were
dumb.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 4th 03, 09:32 PM
RigPilot

Do you really not understand what is happening here?????

These Worm/Virus/Trojan Horse writers code this stuff to
make themselves anonymous. They do this by stealing addys
from your Address Book to use as the Source. They also steal
Subject Lines from your email on your Hard Drive to conceal
the content of their spurious message. Then they go to each
addy they have stolen from you and repeat the process.

The Source Address you are reporting is as much a Victim as
you are. They are not the Perpetrator. The Subject Lines are
not actively chosen, but are randomly borrowed enroute.

Don't stress. Just hit delete. As long as we have pubescent
"Script Kiddies" lacking in wisdom and maturity this will
continue. The novelty will wear off.

No go make something...anything...your way.

"Helen "Halla" Fleischer" wrote in
message ...

(NoraBalcer) wrote:

Can't be the person who sent it knows what crocheting is

or thought we were
dumb.

Sure proves they'll try ANYTHING as a subject line for

spam these days!

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).
9/29/03

Old October 5th 03, 07:38 AM
Barbara Vaughan

RigPilot wrote:

Don't stress. Just hit delete. As long as we have pubescent
"Script Kiddies" lacking in wisdom and maturity this will
continue. The novelty will wear off.

This is easy to say; it wasn't so easy to do when I was getting over 800
spams a day a few weeks ago. Now it's "only" about 100, but still my
delete key is nearly worn out.

Barbara
Old October 5th 03, 04:53 PM
NoraBalcer

Barbara,

Mine have taped off to about two a day now so yours should slow down too.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 5th 03, 05:09 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

RigPilot wrote:

Don't stress. Just hit delete. As long as we have pubescent
"Script Kiddies" lacking in wisdom and maturity this will
continue. The novelty will wear off.

This is easy to say; it wasn't so easy to do when I was getting over 800
spams a day a few weeks ago. Now it's "only" about 100, but still my
delete key is nearly worn out.

I've got filters against the sorts of subject lines that I dare to, so I
see a lot fewer of these posts than most, but "Crochet" can't be one of
them. I was rather having fun with my "vent" too. Especially at the idea of
using crochet for penis enlargement! OUCH!

Old October 5th 03, 05:17 PM
RigPilot

Barbara,

I know. I had at least that many as well (800+). I've had to
create about 60 filter rules to delete them from the server
before I see them. Even now, one or two messages sneak
through now and then.

Worry is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do,
but doesn't get you anywhere.

Self induced stress and anxiety is at epidemic proportions
these days, and has terrible effects on our physical, mental
and emotional health. Do not believe that this stuff is more
important than family, friends, religion and crafts.

The way you are affected, and the way you react is a quick,
simple, personal decision. Decide that this is merely a
minor passing inconvenience, rather than a major intrusion
that requires time and attention.

What is the one creative thing you've done of which you are
the most proud?

Darwin

"Barbara Vaughan" wrote in
message ...
RigPilot wrote:

Don't stress. Just hit delete. As long as we have

pubescent
"Script Kiddies" lacking in wisdom and maturity this

will
continue. The novelty will wear off.

This is easy to say; it wasn't so easy to do when I was

getting over 800
spams a day a few weeks ago. Now it's "only" about 100,

but still my
delete key is nearly worn out.

Barbara

---
9/30/03

Argh! Screw Up Vent! Dannielle Quilting 17 April 8th 04 06:48 PM
vent a kiln Momzilla Pottery 0 March 1st 04 09:50 PM
More on bead magazines (vent) Kyla Beads 14 January 24th 04 09:50 AM
Off Topic Vent - 90 damn degrees in Germany Barbara Bomberger Quilting 17 August 10th 03 10:02 AM