Calling all newbies

Old September 2nd 03, 07:05 PM
Cher

Default Calling all newbies

Hi to all of our new comers to this list.
Sometimes those of us that have been on here a while get into conversations
that go on forever... and we forget about you all. Well that isn't because
we mean to. So do please come on in on any conversation and join in with
the fun.

Everyone on here is fun happy and helpful, we don't mean to leave you out.
If you feel a little bit scared of joining in on the conversations or
threads as they are termed then........

Why not join in our new project just started today. The 6 x6 square
exchange. It is a fun way of getting to know others on here. Just call
out on the subject line of
"6x6 Anyone" and just put .. Count me in, and sign your name then tomorrow
(gmt London UK time) I'll put up a list of who is paired up with whom.

If you prefer to crochet a square rather than knit it, that is ok too. This
is just a fun project that enables us all to have some work done by everyone
else on the list. By sigining up to this months exchange, you are only
committing yourself to sending two squares this month to someone who will
send you two squares. That is your only commitment.

If you don't want to continue with it, then you don't have to sign up next
month at all, and nobody will say a word about it. It is up to you. So what
do you say..are you going to have a go??

I thought I'd just remember that there are some of you out there who are new
to this and may feel a bit in awe of asking to join in. Please don't.
It'll add to the fun.

Cheers.....Cher in the south west of the UK.

---

Old September 2nd 03, 09:04 PM
Sarah Carter

Cher wrote in message =
news
If you don't want to continue with it, then you don't have to sign up =

next
month at all, and nobody will say a word about it. It is up to you. =

So what
do you say..are you going to have a go??

Er... I think I'll give it a go too, bit I'm slightly worried as I've =
never really done a swap before.

Count me in though. You never get anywhere if you don't try something do =
you? )

Sarah
--=20

Old September 2nd 03, 09:18 PM
Sorceress

Cher opined thusly:

[snip]

Why not join in our new project just started today. The 6 x6 square
exchange. It is a fun way of getting to know others on here. Just
call out on the subject line of
"6x6 Anyone" and just put .. Count me in, and sign your name then
tomorrow (gmt London UK time) I'll put up a list of who is paired up
with whom.

[snip]

It grieves me to discard years of on-again off-again lurking, but this
sounds interesting. Therefore, count me in as well.

Regards
--Anne

--Snip DIESPAMBOTDIE to mail
Old September 2nd 03, 09:42 PM
Cher

Consider it done Ann, think of it this way, if you sign up for enough, you
can get a lovely heirloom afghan made up of squares from people from all
over the world.

Cheers......Cher
"Sorceress" wrote in message
y.com...
Cher opined thusly:

[snip]

Why not join in our new project just started today. The 6 x6 square
exchange. It is a fun way of getting to know others on here. Just
call out on the subject line of
"6x6 Anyone" and just put .. Count me in, and sign your name then
tomorrow (gmt London UK time) I'll put up a list of who is paired up
with whom.

[snip]

It grieves me to discard years of on-again off-again lurking, but this
sounds interesting. Therefore, count me in as well.

Regards
--Anne

--Snip DIESPAMBOTDIE to mail

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old September 2nd 03, 10:53 PM
Jarkat2002

[...]

I would love to join in ... i haven't posted here in a while due to having a
baby but she is 6 months old now and I'm wanting to get back into crochet
again. This would be perfect and sounds exciting!
~Kat
"For some reason I'm always slightly amused when I breast feed at Dairy Queen."
~Kat
Old September 2nd 03, 11:30 PM
Cher

Hi Kat, welcome to the list of 6x6 squares exchange. Also welcome to your
new baby... I will post tomorrow UK London GMT who partners who.

Thanks for joining in, and this will give you time to work back into the
list again at a leisurely rate.

You are now on the list.

Cheers.....Cher

Old September 2nd 03, 11:42 PM
JW

Well, it seems like you have a lot jumping on the bandwagon (so to speak).
Count me in as well!

Jenn

Old September 2nd 03, 11:52 PM
Cher

Well you can all jump in, the signups for this will close tomorrow
(Wednesday Afternoon, London GMT about 3ish) so there is still plenty of
time for those lurkers out there who can't make their minds up...lol.

Cheers Jenn..cher

Old September 3rd 03, 02:09 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Sorceress" wrote ...
Cher opined thusly:

[snip]

Why not join in our new project just started today. The 6 x6 square
exchange. It is a fun way of getting to know others on here. Just
call out on the subject line of
"6x6 Anyone" and just put .. Count me in, and sign your name then
tomorrow (gmt London UK time) I'll put up a list of who is paired up
with whom.

[snip]

It grieves me to discard years of on-again off-again lurking, but this
sounds interesting. Therefore, count me in as well.

LOL
Katherine

Old September 3rd 03, 03:55 AM
Ellen Mill

In article m,
Sorceress wrote:
Cher opined thusly:

[snip]

Why not join in our new project just started today. The 6 x6 square
exchange. It is a fun way of getting to know others on here. Just
call out on the subject line of
"6x6 Anyone" and just put .. Count me in, and sign your name then
tomorrow (gmt London UK time) I'll put up a list of who is paired up
with whom.

[snip]

It grieves me to discard years of on-again off-again lurking, but this
sounds interesting. Therefore, count me in as well.

Regards
--Anne

Sounds like a lot of fun; count me in as well.

Ellen