Furry Floss?

Old January 18th 10, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Default Furry Floss?

A met a friend in the supermarket this morning and she asked me for an
interesting floss to finish a needlepoint picture of a girl wearing a fur
trimmed coat. She really wants something to jazz up the fur.

I remember that I used a floss that came out looking really furry, I think
maybe from Rainbow Gallery but that's a guess and I can't for the life of me
remember what it was called.

Can anyone help, or make a suggestion.

Thanks much.

Lucille

Old January 18th 10, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/18/10 2:26 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

A met a friend in the supermarket this morning and she asked me for an
interesting floss to finish a needlepoint picture of a girl wearing a fur
trimmed coat. She really wants something to jazz up the fur.

I remember that I used a floss that came out looking really furry, I think
maybe from Rainbow Gallery but that's a guess and I can't for the life of me
remember what it was called.

Can anyone help, or make a suggestion.

Thanks much.

Lucille

Yeppers - it's one of the things I counted for Susan
http://www.rainbowgallery.com/detail.cfm?ID=668
http://www.rainbowgallery.com/detail.cfm?ID=759

Old January 18th 10, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Magic Mood Jeep[_4_]

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 1/18/10 2:26 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

A met a friend in the supermarket this morning and she asked me for an
interesting floss to finish a needlepoint picture of a girl wearing a fur
trimmed coat. She really wants something to jazz up the fur.

I remember that I used a floss that came out looking really furry, I
think
maybe from Rainbow Gallery but that's a guess and I can't for the life of
me
remember what it was called.

Can anyone help, or make a suggestion.

Thanks much.

Lucille

Yeppers - it's one of the things I counted for Susan
http://www.rainbowgallery.com/detail.cfm?ID=668
http://www.rainbowgallery.com/detail.cfm?ID=759

Another "fuzzy" from Rainbow Gallery is called "Whisper", it is more of a
"fuzzy", while the others are more of a "hairy". I have used it and it is
best used in shorter lengths as it has a tendency to "shed" as you use it,
therefore it gets thinner as you go along. I think all of these will do
that.

http://www.rainbowgallery.com/Detail.CFM?ID=79

Old January 18th 10, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Lucille" wrote:

A met a friend in the supermarket this morning and she asked me for an
interesting floss to finish a needlepoint picture of a girl wearing a fur
trimmed coat. She really wants something to jazz up the fur.

I remember that I used a floss that came out looking really furry, I
think
maybe from Rainbow Gallery but that's a guess and I can't for the life of
me
remember what it was called.

Can anyone help, or make a suggestion.

Thanks much.

Lucille

Yeppers - it's one of the things I counted for Susan
http://www.rainbowgallery.com/detail.cfm?ID=668
http://www.rainbowgallery.com/detail.cfm?ID=759

Thanks. As usual, RCTN comes through quickly and efficiently.

The one I used was called Faux Fur, but both of these look very much the
same. I will show them to her and let her decide for herself.

Lucille

Old January 18th 10, 09:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Lucille" wrote:

[...]

I've used the whisper to look like dog hair. It came out nice.

Old January 19th 10, 01:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Lucille wrote:

A met a friend in the supermarket this morning and she asked me for an
interesting floss to finish a needlepoint picture of a girl wearing a
fur trimmed coat. She really wants something to jazz up the fur.

I remember that I used a floss that came out looking really furry, I
think maybe from Rainbow Gallery but that's a guess and I can't for the
life of me remember what it was called.

Can anyone help, or make a suggestion.

Thanks much.

Lucille

I have used most of the fibers recommended in the model stitching I
have done and yes, they are by Rainbow Gallery -- who makes absolutely
awesome fibers!!!! IMNSHO, the things like Faux Fur and Fuzzy Stuff are
better for stuff like furry slippers or curly lambs, etc. that have
shorter "hair". These fibers are left alone once they are stitched.
With Wisper, you can actually brush the fiber to make it as furry or
hairy as you want. The more you brush it, the longer the hair or fur.
As someone else mentioned, ***use short lengths*** with any of the
fibers but especially Wisper. It's a total P.I.T.A. but really is
better that way. One of the other fibers mentioned, can't remember
which but not Wisper, has a sparkly fiber mixed in with the furry fiber.
They are all relatively easy to work with, too, which makes having to
use shorter lengths (12" is about as long as I use) less of a pain.
CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old January 19th 10, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

"Lucille" wrote:

[...]

If you need a good source, let me know

Old January 30th 10, 05:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
FSUStitcher

On Jan 18, 2:26*pm, "Lucille" wrote:
A met a friend in the supermarket this morning and she asked me for an
interesting floss to finish a needlepoint picture of a girl wearing a fur
trimmed coat. *She really wants something to jazz up the fur.

I remember that I used a floss that came out looking really furry, I think
maybe from Rainbow Gallery but that's a guess and I can't for the life of me
remember what it was called.

Can anyone help, or make a suggestion.

Thanks much.

Lucille

Wasn't there a floss called "Santa's Beard"? I think it was by
Kreinik or Rainnbow Gallery. I'm not sure if it's still made or not.
HTH.
Old February 11th 10, 01:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
RCTN

Rainbow Gallery makes several -- Fuzzy Stuff, Faux Fur, Wisper and Alpaca
depending on how "furry" "fluffy" you want things. They also made the
Santa's Beard that's now discontinued (boy was it ever a favorite of mine)
that some in-business-more-than-5-years LNS may still have in stock -- the
rainbow gallery website is http://rainbowgallery.com/ and will have better
descriptions. Estaz is a brand of fuzzy stuff looking more like the fake
shiny grass in Easter baskets with some sparkle to it. And depending on the
count of fabric, there are an awful lot of knitting yarns out there with
fuzzy/shaggy types of yarn.

OT New furry addition Elly Quilting 4 October 11th 07 02:41 AM
AD - Charity Auction "For the Furry Ones" Dawn >^..^ Beads 8 September 10th 05 06:33 AM
Furry glaze anyone? Pierre Brayford Pottery 1 October 12th 03 10:30 PM
OT - Furry QI's...anyone NOT have them??? frood Quilting 58 September 14th 03 03:40 AM
Hi, We have a site that has handcrafted furry animals. Animalsrus1 General Crafting 0 July 8th 03 06:46 AM