On Topic: The Embroiders' Story

Old July 1st 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queen City x-stitcher

Default Slate Frames!!!! On Topic: The Embroiders' Story

Robin Ingle wrote:
I don't recall who asked if anyone knew of a source for the slate frames,
but here's a link to a place that carries them:
http://www.spanishpeacock.com/sewingsupplies.htm
There's not a lot of info, but it's a source!

Long time, no see. Bobbie V.
Old July 1st 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Robin Ingle

I know...just don't do a lot of posting, anymore! How are you doing? Hey,
we are thinking about coming up for a few days this summer....possibly this
week, but more likely the first week of August. I'm hoping I get a chance
to see you! :-)))) Matter of fact, as long as you're home and feeling up to
it, I'll be sure to make it to see you! :-))) But I won't know for sure
until the last minute, since George is such a spontaneous person and doesn't
plan, just decides at the last minute! LOL Take care! :-)))
Robin Ingle
"Queen City x-stitcher" wrote in message
. ..

Old July 1st 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Allura

On Jun 29, 7:38 pm, "Robin Ingle" wrote:
I don't recall who asked if anyone knew of a source for the slate frames,
but here's a link to a place that carries them:http://www.spanishpeacock.com/sewingsupplies.htm
There's not a lot of info, but it's a source!

Actually, there's a page off that one that does explain pretty clearly
how to use one. Thanks, I didn't know anything about them before this!

Allura
--------
WIP: The Dreamer, Dirty Dog
Cross Stitch News: http://csnews.blogdrive.com

Old July 2nd 07, 09:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
FSUStitcher

Default On Topic: The Embroiders' Story

On Jun 26, 2:52 pm, m&m wrote:
Check this out:http://www.plimoth.org/
Look towards the right side and you'll see the link to The Embroiders'
Story. It's a blog about the re-creation of a 17th-century embroidered
jacket. Once in the blog, hunt for the archives- posts started in May
2007, then since the posts are displayed by most recent first, click
the link to page #3 (in May 2007), and scroll to the bottom of the
page for the beginning of the blog.
Apparently, they are still looking for volunteers to stitch.
If I wasn't the only employee where I work, with a huge college
tuition bill hanging over my head, I really wish I could participate.

Ginormous sigh- Hide quoted text -

If you ever have the chance to take a class from Tricia Wilson Nguyen
(she did the research and designed the project) GRAB IT!! She is a
wonderful teacher and a fountain of information. My EGA chapter was
lucky enough to have her for a class. What a blast! She is great to
work with and has some great stories about her research. Truly an
amazing embroiderer!