Good News for a change

Old March 24th 04, 08:39 PM
JL Amerson

Default Good News for a change

Yea!!! I'm so glad to hear this wonderful news! I think of you often. :-)

--

JoAnn

Obey Gravity. It's the LAW!!

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
This morning I went to my first Sports Medicine session. I met my

therapist,
Neil, and we looked over my charts and the results from my MRI. Turns out
that not only do I have degenerative disk disease, some of my vertebrae

have
no disks left at all, they've eroded away. There are also a bunch of bone
spurs and arthritic changes. Hence, the pain I've been having.

Sounds like terrible news, but there is a good bit of hope. Apparently,

all
the muscles around the bad areas are exceedingly weak, and weak muscles

can
be strengthened. He started me on some pretty easy exercises to

strengthen
my back, legs, hips and stomach. Once the muscles in those areas are
stronger, they will be able to support the damaged parts of my spine.

If all goes well, I'll be able to avoid spinal fusion surgery. Even

better,
I should end up quite a bit stronger and (hooray!) be able to walk again.
the therapist told me not to think that it will mean I can run marathons

or
anything like that, but I will be able to walk around the house or go to

the
store once in a while.

To start with, I'll be going to therapy twice a week for eight weeks.

Then
we'll be able to see if it's doing any good, and discuss if I should get
further therapy. I think that the best part is that I actually get to DO
something to try and improve how I feel, instead of having to passively

wait
to get better.

Kathy N-V

Old March 24th 04, 08:57 PM
Marisa Cappetta

You go Kathy!! That's terrific news. I'm so happy to hear it.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com

Old March 24th 04, 09:13 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

That's great news, Kathy!

Doesn't feel good, just to 'take charge' and 'do something'?

Barbara

Old March 24th 04, 10:33 PM
Marissa Undercofler

That is great news Kathy. I hope this really works out for you. Keep us
posted about how it's going.

Marissa

Old March 25th 04, 03:41 AM
Anne C. Bauer

Kathy, this is encouraging news! I keep you in my daily meditations.

Annie
or
AnnieBee's at
http://www.anniebee.com

Old March 25th 04, 03:50 AM
Beth IA

This is good news! I'll be interested to hear the results at the end of 8
weeks. Good vibes coming your way!!!!
--
Beth
http://workerbead.home.att.net

Old March 25th 04, 08:11 AM
Jalynne

WOoohoo, Kathy!! Praying that it works and that you'll be well on your way to better
health.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list
See what DH is up to at http://www.teamintraining.org/participant/kinney-162652