I'm back

Old September 30th 03, 06:45 PM
Laura

Default I'm back

The knitting horsewoman from Santa Barbara is back. I'm typing on a
library computer since I don't have internet up yet. It could be a
long while before that happens, unfortunately. Life at the new job is
very tiring. I start at seven in the morning and finish at about six
in the evening. Weekends are the heaviest when I'm teaching three
hours of lessons in the morning and as much as three in the afternoon.
By the end of the day, I'm glad to retire to my own place and relax.
In case you're wondering, I teach riding lessons. Ohhh, my knitting
is suffering. I haven't picked up my needles since I got to San
Diego. Well, I'll talk again as soon as I can (which should be a week
from now.)

Talk later. Hugs to all.
Laura
Old September 30th 03, 06:52 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Laura" wrote in message
om...
The knitting horsewoman from Santa Barbara is back. I'm typing on a
library computer since I don't have internet up yet. It could be a
long while before that happens, unfortunately. Life at the new job is
very tiring. I start at seven in the morning and finish at about six
in the evening. Weekends are the heaviest when I'm teaching three
hours of lessons in the morning and as much as three in the afternoon.
By the end of the day, I'm glad to retire to my own place and relax.
In case you're wondering, I teach riding lessons. Ohhh, my knitting
is suffering. I haven't picked up my needles since I got to San
Diego. Well, I'll talk again as soon as I can (which should be a week
from now.)

Talk later. Hugs to all.
Laura

Laura,
Hugs back atcha!
Welcome back, sort of, grin...
can't wait till you get the PC and internet fired up!
Hugs,
Noreen
--
STRIP *tease* to email me.

---

Old September 30th 03, 09:20 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Laura,

So you are adjusting to the Calif. difference after being further north? Just
remember you need to take time for yourself and relax.

Hugs,

Nora
Old September 30th 03, 11:20 PM
Katherine Burgess

Welcome back, Laura! I knew you'd get here eventually. How is San Diego
after the move?
Katherine (whose knitting is also suffering since school has started!)

om...

Old October 1st 03, 02:22 AM
Jennifer Molvik

If you try both at one time, just don't stick the horse with your knitting
needle or you never know where you'll end up!!!!!

JJMolvik

Old October 6th 03, 07:30 PM
Laura

Ohhh, I am so exhausted. Teaching can be very easy or very hard
depending on the student. Yesterday, one of my students fell off
after her horse bolted. The horse was spooked by a stablehand pushing
a rattling lawnmower. She's okay, just badly bruised. That was the
last lesson of the day. Now, I'm enjoying my day off, doing what I
like to do. It's nice not having dinner at eight at night.

I truly appreciate all the warm welcome backs. It's so nice to be
loved. It looks like it is going to be a long while before I have
internet so you'll have to live with hearing from me about once or
twice a week. I plan to start knitting again. I'll probably sit
outside and enjoy the warm sun. Guy, now I'm in the mood to knit
something horsey. Any suggestions?

Soooo goood to be back!
Laura
Old October 7th 03, 03:02 PM
Sarah Grace

Laura wrote:
Ohhh, I am so exhausted. Teaching can be very easy or very hard
depending on the student. Yesterday, one of my students fell off
after her horse bolted. The horse was spooked by a stablehand pushing
a rattling lawnmower. She's okay, just badly bruised.

Glad to hear you were enjoying your much deserved day off. Your bolting horse
story reminded me of a horse i used to ride a few years ago- he was called
Festy (but really Pesty or fiesty would have suited) and used to bolt at the
sight of a tractor, dog, umbrella, random person- anything really. I remember
having to bail on more than on occasion. His favourite trick was to hug the
paddock wall and scrape my leg along it...so i would have to wedge my foot and
shove him away-but he was a great character!

Regards
Sarah

Back of the work Alison in OH Needlework 5 November 29th 04 07:08 PM
back home again CNYstitcher Quilting 3 February 9th 04 03:09 PM
I'm back -- and the stash is safe! ;) -- somewhat OT Sandy Foster Quilting 6 January 15th 04 07:02 PM
Back from Florida! Is on topic too. AliceW Quilting 5 November 13th 03 01:33 PM
OT- back from the southwest :D alia Beads 6 September 9th 03 08:03 PM