Kona Cotton

Old October 26th 05, 12:09 AM
Judie in Penfield NY

Default Kona Cotton

I just got my latest Joann's flyer and there is a coupon for 10% off the
total purchase. There is no 40% off coupon anywhere!

So, I will probably be doing even more on line purchasing and was wondering
how the Kona cotton carried by some of the on line fabric stores compares to
the quilters' only sold at Joann's. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Judie in Penfield NY

Old October 26th 05, 12:20 AM
Taria

I have the color swatch card from HOP and order from them once in awhile.
It is a brand item so should be the same I would think.
Taria

Old October 26th 05, 12:37 AM
Kim E

I love Kona. I usually buy it at Hancock's.

My LQS owner says that Hancock's doesn't sell all colors (very true)
and often they get seconds. I still buy it at Hancock's, especially if
it is for a backing or something that I don't intend to become an
heirloom. If I need a special color, or if it is something I want to
last, I'll spend the extra $$.

Kim

Old October 26th 05, 01:22 AM
Judie in Penfield NY

I have their catalog so the color should be fairly accurate, at least for
my needs. I mainly needed to know if the quality is good enough, I usually
sort of go by feel.

Thanks,

Judie

Old October 26th 05, 02:12 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Judie in Penfield NY" wrote:

I just got my latest Joann's flyer and there is a coupon for 10% off the
total purchase. There is no 40% off coupon anywhere!

So, I will probably be doing even more on line purchasing and was wondering
how the Kona cotton carried by some of the on line fabric stores compares to
the quilters' only sold at Joann's. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Judie in Penfield NY

I really dislike Kona cotton -- heresy, I know, but there you are. :S
Black Kona cotton was the background fabric chosen by my LQS for a BOM
(the only one I've ever done), and it's thicker than regular quilting
cotton, and it seems to attract every tiny bit of lint from miles
around. Grrr. Never again!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 26th 05, 02:18 AM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I'm one of those who LOVE Kona cotton- especially the black. (Sorry,
Sandy) That said, they are much more "stout" than the normal "quilting
cottons". They are smooth, but do not have that yummy silky feel of
many of the newer quilting cottons that are now available.

I guess it all depends on what you want and need..... how's that for a
non-answer? ;-)))))

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old October 26th 05, 02:21 AM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

My Joann email says you can use Code OCTER5502 on the shopping basket
part of the online order on or before Wed., October 26 for a 50%
discount.

Hurry!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old October 26th 05, 02:27 AM
Polly Esther

All my Kona went to Jill for the furry faces a long time ago. I didn't like
the way it behaved. Polly

Old October 26th 05, 02:44 AM
Judie in Penfield NY

You know, I've signed up for the on line mailing list time after time
and still don't get email from them. I used to get email from them years
ago but then it started coming to Jennifer instead of Judie...my
daughter's name. When I tried to tell them they had updated my name in
error they took me off their email list and I've never been able to have
them add me again. I've sent them numerous emails asking WHY??? but have
never gotten an answer, my daughter has also emailed them and never
received any answer. She doesn't get email from them either and it seems
they refuse to add her to their list. Very weird, these folks at Joann's.

Judie in Penfield NY

Old October 26th 05, 02:55 AM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote:

I'm one of those who LOVE Kona cotton- especially the black. (Sorry,
Sandy) That said, they are much more "stout" than the normal "quilting
cottons". They are smooth, but do not have that yummy silky feel of
many of the newer quilting cottons that are now available.

I guess it all depends on what you want and need..... how's that for a
non-answer? ;-)))))

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

We all have our opinions, Leslie -- and are entitled to them! g

cotton Bonnie Patterson Quilting 0 September 22nd 05 06:03 PM
For Sale: four cotton fabric collections on Ebay Kristi M. Quilting 16 February 20th 04 11:41 AM
Question regarding penelope 10/20 Canvas and DMC Perle Cotton Thread C_Bowlin Needlework 9 January 27th 04 01:05 PM
100% Cotton Knitterbugs Yarn 2 December 8th 03 02:03 AM
Superfine fabrics for men's shirting - 100% Egyptian Cotton and 100% Sea-Island Cotton quantum vision Marketplace 0 September 5th 03 08:05 AM