Doh!

Old October 24th 05, 09:11 PM
MB

Default Doh!

Could you pass it off as a true mystery quilt?...A mystery why you made it
this way.
A mystery to understand what has been written...etc???? LOL Mary

" I printed out the blocks I needed, made 3 of the
letters before it dawned on me that I should have mirror imaged the

blocks!

But the really scary part to me is that I didn't see that the letters were
backward. And I even stood back and admired my work.

I guess we see what we want to see, huh.

Printing out the blocks correctly this time.

Cindy

Old October 24th 05, 09:27 PM
Sharon Harper

ROFLOL! Been there and happily done that. By the way, can you share the
site with us???

quicker)

"teleflora" wrote in message
Did you ever have one of those moments where you just slap YOURSELF upside
the head??

I am doing a paper pieced name. I came across this darling site that had
the alphabet made for you. I printed out the blocks I needed, made 3 of

Old October 24th 05, 10:14 PM
The Brown Family

This is too funny Cindy......because I did exactly the same thing. I have a
couple of those paper pieced CD's and I printed out the funky letters to do my
daughter's name......finished the first one and looked at it and yup.....slapped
myself upside the head! Went back and redid them....I also print them onto cut
8 1/2 x 11" freezer paper (have to add a regular piece of paper to get it
through the printer, so the glossy side doesn't slip). So I have her name done
and put together, but I still have to finish it, because I want it to be a body
pillow cover for her bed.

Lorraine

Old October 24th 05, 11:54 PM
Kathy Applebaum

I took Radiant Suns. Basically the same block, but with five pieces instead
of 4. I found it pretty easy, but then I'm using cotton.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

"KJ" wrote in message
What class did you take from her Kathy? I've been working on her Vortex
quilt using her templates. It's a bit tricky to put togther until you get
the hang of it. Plus I'm using silks....not the easiest fabric to work
with.
I love her stuff!

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
om...

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message

YES! I just finished cutting out 80! petals for an applique project. I
fliped the templates on two so the petals are curving the wrong
direction. aargh. I have now re-traced and am cutting those out again.
Sigh. And I even wrote the piece number on the pattern thinking it
would help but some numbers look the same forward and backwards. sigh.

In our class with Cara Gulati she warned us about that, and had us write
our name on the right side, because you'll always know if your name is
right. But she didn't take into account that I haven't had any caffeine
in several months -- I didn't use a permanent marker, so all my marks
wiped off before the end of class. Doh!

Old October 25th 05, 12:25 AM
teleflora

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Doh moments? Not I!!

But I do know someone who put her briefs on wrong and spent the whole day
in great distress!!!

ROFL, PAT in VA/USA

hehehehehhehehehehheheeh. Did you not know what exactly was wrong? Or just
no where to change 'em round?

Cindy

Old October 25th 05, 12:28 AM
teleflora

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
ROFLOL! Been there and happily done that. By the way, can you share the
site with us???

Yes, I can, Sharon! Here it is.

http://www.paperpanache.com/guests/apotvin.html

Cindy

quicker)

Old October 25th 05, 01:20 AM
Ray Gelotte

Cindy wrote:

It just goes to show you that no matter how fool proof something is, there
are some of us who can still manage to, um, mess it up.

It brings to mind one of my favorite quotes:

"There is no such thing as fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Ray from Washington State

Old October 25th 05, 12:35 PM
C & S

Lorraine,

When you print on freezer paper, do you use a laser or ink jet printer?
Thanks

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Fine style does not make something true, nor has a man a wise soul
because he has a handsome face and well-chosen eloquence.

Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)