Doh!

Old October 24th 05, 06:16 PM
teleflora

Default Doh!

Did you ever have one of those moments where you just slap YOURSELF upside
the head??

I am doing a paper pieced name. I came across this darling site that had
the alphabet made for you. I printed out the blocks I needed, made 3 of the
letters before it dawned on me that I should have mirror imaged the blocks!

But the really scary part to me is that I didn't see that the letters were
backward. And I even stood back and admired my work.

I guess we see what we want to see, huh.

Printing out the blocks correctly this time.

Cindy

Old October 24th 05, 06:49 PM
D Curtis

Yes. I have. Many times. Are any of the letters salvagable? I mean, like
A is reversible... etc.
Diana

Old October 24th 05, 06:54 PM
Sandy Foster

In article 8G87f.19999$eW1.17509@okepread04,
"teleflora" wrote:

Did you ever have one of those moments where you just slap YOURSELF upside
the head??

I am doing a paper pieced name. I came across this darling site that had
the alphabet made for you. I printed out the blocks I needed, made 3 of the
letters before it dawned on me that I should have mirror imaged the blocks!

But the really scary part to me is that I didn't see that the letters were
backward. And I even stood back and admired my work.

I guess we see what we want to see, huh.

Printing out the blocks correctly this time.

Cindy

LOL! I'm sorry for laughing, Cindy, but I know *just* what you mean --
I've done similar things too often to count!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 24th 05, 08:09 PM
Patti

Took me three tries to get a 'J' right!!!
Why three? You'd have to have been there g
(My excuse is that I had just done 'L'). g
..
In message 8G87f.19999$eW1.17509@okepread04, teleflora
writes
Did you ever have one of those moments where you just slap YOURSELF upside
the head??

I am doing a paper pieced name. I came across this darling site that had
the alphabet made for you. I printed out the blocks I needed, made 3 of the
letters before it dawned on me that I should have mirror imaged the blocks!

But the really scary part to me is that I didn't see that the letters were
backward. And I even stood back and admired my work.

I guess we see what we want to see, huh.

Printing out the blocks correctly this time.

Cindy

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 24th 05, 08:09 PM
Marcella Peek

"teleflora" wrote:

Did you ever have one of those moments where you just slap YOURSELF upside
the head??

I am doing a paper pieced name. I came across this darling site that had
the alphabet made for you. I printed out the blocks I needed, made 3 of the
letters before it dawned on me that I should have mirror imaged the blocks!

But the really scary part to me is that I didn't see that the letters were
backward. And I even stood back and admired my work.

I guess we see what we want to see, huh.

Printing out the blocks correctly this time.

Cindy

YES! I just finished cutting out 80! petals for an applique project. I
fliped the templates on two so the petals are curving the wrong
direction. aargh. I have now re-traced and am cutting those out again.
Sigh. And I even wrote the piece number on the pattern thinking it
would help but some numbers look the same forward and backwards. sigh.

marcella
Old October 24th 05, 08:31 PM
teleflora

"teleflora" wrote:

[...]

why oh why do we DO this to ourselves!!

Cindy

Old October 24th 05, 08:39 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message

YES! I just finished cutting out 80! petals for an applique project. I
fliped the templates on two so the petals are curving the wrong
direction. aargh. I have now re-traced and am cutting those out again.
Sigh. And I even wrote the piece number on the pattern thinking it
would help but some numbers look the same forward and backwards. sigh.

In our class with Cara Gulati she warned us about that, and had us write our
name on the right side, because you'll always know if your name is right.
But she didn't take into account that I haven't had any caffeine in several
months -- I didn't use a permanent marker, so all my marks wiped off before
the end of class. Doh!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old October 24th 05, 08:49 PM
KJ

What class did you take from her Kathy? I've been working on her Vortex
quilt using her templates. It's a bit tricky to put togther until you get
the hang of it. Plus I'm using silks....not the easiest fabric to work
with.
I love her stuff!

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi

om...

Old October 24th 05, 08:58 PM
teleflora

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
om...

In our class with Cara Gulati she warned us about that, and had us write
our name on the right side, because you'll always know if your name is
right. But she didn't take into account that I haven't had any caffeine in
several months -- I didn't use a permanent marker, so all my marks wiped
off before the end of class. Doh!

Hahahhahha, I'm sorry, Kathy, but I have to plead for mercy like Sandy did.
That just struck me as too funny.
It just goes to show you that no matter how fool proof something is, there
are some of us who can still manage to, um, mess it up.

Cindy

Old October 24th 05, 09:01 PM
Pat in Virginia

Doh moments? Not I!!

But I do know someone who put her briefs on wrong and spent the
whole day in great distress!!!

ROFL, PAT in VA/USA