What is your favorite color to put in a quilt?

Old October 18th 05, 03:55 PM
Debra

Default What is your favorite color to put in a quilt?

On 17 Oct 2005 22:13:51 -0700, "Tricia"
wrote:

Well, exactly like the subject line says --

What is your favorite color to put in a quilt?

Blue because it is calm and restful. Forest green comes in as a close
second for the same reason.

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old October 18th 05, 04:33 PM
Butterfly

No fair! Favorite color and favorite color in a quilt........that is far too
hard....I use the 'color required' in that quilt.........
Don't use much pink ('cept baby girl quilts for the traditional Mom thingie)
or orange as a general rule---but the star quilt I'll be doing will have
lots of shades of orange and yellow so that will be out the window rather
quickly....
Don't even have one that is used in every
quilt........hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm...... maybe I best change that and get a
siggy color for each quilt.........nah, that'd require thinking and
'membering : )

Butterfly

"Tricia" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well, exactly like the subject line says --

What is your favorite color to put in a quilt?

I haven't actually done one yet but I'm collecting starred fabrics for
a quilt for mine and David's bed -- I frequently refer to it as our
wedding quilt because it will have bits of fabric in it from our
wedding. I made one of the bridesmaids dresses, mom made her own
dress, my dress had to be adjusted at a fitting, we used fabric to line
the bread baskets, etc.

Anyone who has gotten a hug block from me (Karen and MeSue's blocks are
probably the exceptions -- I didn't know about the fabric then) has
gotten a bit of my favorite fabric in it (kind of like the Sairey
stripe thing) -- the pasteled sparkly one -- it is a nursery print but
I love it anyway and I think my husband is more in love with it than I
am actually. Haven't been able to find it for a while now but
thankfully I still have some of it. I just hope that if a nursery
becomes necessary that I'll be able to find enough of it to do the
decorating in there.

On the topic of my "wedding quilt" which will actually be done in the
log cabin block format -- I've got a lot of variety of starred fabrics
in several colors -- now, what do I use to off set them so it's not so
busy that I get vertigo looking at it? I'm leaning toward the Moda
Marbles but don't know if I *should* have something else as well, like
something more solid or whatnot. Any ideas?

I may not be able to afford to get the fabric and actually create just
yet (should in a few months or so if I get the job I just applied for),
but I can certainly dream and plan ...

Tricia

Old October 18th 05, 04:51 PM
Julia Altshuler

Tricia wrote:
Well, exactly like the subject line says --

What is your favorite color to put in a quilt?

This week it is slime green.

--Lia

Old October 18th 05, 04:55 PM
Sandy Foster

In article . com,
"Tricia" wrote:

[...]

I love blue and find I use it a lot. However, I have made a few renegade
quilts with no blue. G I tend to stay away from muddy colors; I find
them depressing, but occasionally one is necessary to set off something
else. No help at all, am I?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 18th 05, 05:06 PM
Marcella Peek

In article . com,
"Tricia" wrote:

Well, exactly like the subject line says --

What is your favorite color to put in a quilt?

Red. All quilts must have red in there somewhere.

marcella
Old October 18th 05, 05:43 PM
Bonnie NJ

I've been thinking about this one and I think it's black. No matter what
color I use, I like to throw in some black for contrast.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old October 18th 05, 07:01 PM
Roberta Zollner

The stash has twice as much lavender blue as anything else, so that must be
the favorite.
Roberta in D

ups.com...

Old October 18th 05, 08:21 PM
Pat in Virginia

Tricia:
Well, I really do like all colors. I do seem to sneak a bit of
red in many of my projects. I often use red for binding.
I like red shoes, too. In fact, I've been searching for a pair of
red boots for several years now. Sooner or later, I'll find them.
PAT in VA/USA

Old October 18th 05, 09:46 PM
Anne in CA

A nice warm, gold-y brown! I've also noticed that I'm using tan-on-cream
prints as my neutral lately.

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3

Old October 19th 05, 12:17 AM
nzlstar*

or LIME.
lol
jeanne

--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"joan8904 wrote...
Yellow. Every quilt needs a splash of yellow!
joan