Quilt blocks for charities...

Old October 25th 05, 06:06 AM
Carol in MO

Default Quilt blocks for charities...

I'm looking for a web site that solicits crocheted squares to be made into
"quilts". My 98 year old mother is looking for something constructive to do
with her time. She has been crocheting "hangers" for family but wants to do
something more. I know I ran across a site for this once but can't seem to
find it again. It gave instructioins to chain 28 then do single
crochet...making a block 7 in. x 9 in. Anyone know of that site? TIA

--
....Carol in MO

Old October 25th 05, 06:21 AM
Cynthia Mason

Put Warm up America in your sarch and see if they take crochet..I now
they take knitted squares.

Old October 25th 05, 08:47 AM
Patti

I did one like that for Project Linus.
I made squares in baby wool, lined it and backed it with some very soft
brushed cotton/flannel. PJ said that crocheted things were fine as long
as they were not 'holey'. Therefore I used a smallish hook. I think
the instructions you mention would actually be fairly holey unless you
were using very thick yarn.
..
In message ,
Carol in MO writes
I'm looking for a web site that solicits crocheted squares to be made into
"quilts". My 98 year old mother is looking for something constructive to do
with her time. She has been crocheting "hangers" for family but wants to do
something more. I know I ran across a site for this once but can't seem to
find it again. It gave instructioins to chain 28 then do single
crochet...making a block 7 in. x 9 in. Anyone know of that site? TIA

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 26th 05, 04:27 AM
Carol in MO

Thank you, Cynthia. That site is just what I needed.

--
....Carol in MO

Old October 26th 05, 04:27 AM
Carol in MO

Thanks, Patti. We will use stitches that are compact and "warm."

--
....Carol in MO

"Patti" wrote in message
I did one like that for Project Linus.
I made squares in baby wool, lined it and backed it with some very soft
brushed cotton/flannel. PJ said that crocheted things were fine as long
as they were not 'holey'. Therefore I used a smallish hook. I think the
instructions you mention would actually be fairly holey unless you were
using very thick yarn.
.
In message ,
Carol in MO writes