artwork to digitizer

Old April 6th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default artwork to digitizer

Ok, I know just about enough to get myself into trouble. Here's the
situation. A friend asked me if I knew someone who could draw a logo for
her golf league to have stitched on their shirts. I said no, until I saw
what she wants. She just wants to have the words "Brown Deer Golf" with the
O's made into the symbol for woman. That shouldn't be too difficult to do,
huh? Just find a font and add the little stick body and arms. I think I
need it to be a "clean copy", just black and white for the digitizer. I
have the Bernina software, but I'm not sure that would be the way to prepare
it for an outside digitizer. Here I have all these great tools, programs
etc, yet this project that should be simple is getting the best of me.
I would like to use several fonts and print them out for her league members
to choose from. Any and all suggestions would be welcome. I'm not quite
ready to punt this, I can be stubborn at times...this in one. I think I
have all the computer ingredients to do this..."paint", "word", "Artista",
"Paint Shop Pro", and maybe others I don't know about.
Any ideas??? thanks!
KJ

Old April 7th 06, 12:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm hoping our real embroidery folks will surface soon to help you.
Meanwhile, I looked around to see where the symbol for woman was. I think I
found it. Look at WP Iconic Symbols A and then the capital 7. Is that it?
Or is it the international symbol for Abandon Ship or something else scary?
Here's hoping you understand what I mean by capital 7. When we were
learning a new program at the office, our programmers used to roll their
eyes to heaven when we would talk about typing a capital 6 - which to them
was something else entirely.
You can get all kinds of interesting things too by just holding down the
Alt key while you type out a number over at the numbers section of your
keyboard - for example Alt while typing the number 176 will get you the
symbol for degrees. Such as, the temperature here right now is 72°.
Don't know if I've helped, entertained you or never understood the question
in the first place. Polly

"KJ" wrote Ok, I know just about enough to get myself into trouble.

Old April 7th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks ever so much for 'degrees' Polly.
With what I'm doing at the moment, I have to write 'degrees' a lot. It
will look so much neater if I can use the proper sign. I will also run
through others and see what I can find. g
..
In message et, Polly
Esther writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old April 7th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Be careful with those signs and be sure you know what it means before you
use it. I don't know that the story is true but there was this yarn about
the first President Bush in Australia waving with what he thought was a
'peace' sign. Apparently, it was not. Polly

"Patti" wrote in message
Thanks ever so much for 'degrees' Polly.
With what I'm doing at the moment, I have to write 'degrees' a lot. It
will look so much neater if I can use the proper sign. I will also run
through others and see what I can find. g
.
In message et, Polly
Esther writes