tension problem

Old January 18th 11, 07:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Ron Anderson

Default tension problem

"Richard" wrote in message
roups.com...
I'm relatively new to sewing so bare with me. I have a Juki DU-141NH
industrial
machine that I have been learning with. I purchased the machine used and
have
spent quite some time getting it in working condition. I have now ran into
thread tension issue that when I raise the foot and the thread tension
disengages
(like it is supposed to I think...)but if I put a thick piece of fabric
under the
foot, the tension does not engage. At this point there is no upper thread
tension
and thus does not stitch.

Does this sound like this could be a problem with the thread tension or
the knee
lift assembly? Has anyone else had a problem like this before?

Sounds to me like you are asking it to do more than it is designed to do.
That model will not sew anything over 3/8 inch and that is pushing the
limit. 5/16 and under it is best suited for.
If it is doing this on materials within the range the tension release pin
can be shaved down a bit, but do not go so far as to make so it will not
released when the foot is raised.

--
Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd Sand Lake, NY 12153

Old February 12th 11, 09:20 AM
first be first be is offline
Junior Member

If it is doing this on materials within the range the tension release pin
can be shaved down a bit, but do not go so far as to make so it will not
released when the foot is raised.
scarf | scarves

MQ tension! Charlie Quilting 16 January 28th 05 10:20 PM
Tension? LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 8 November 29th 04 01:19 PM
strange thread tension problem Vilna Sewing 5 July 1st 04 07:15 PM
tension problem Shona in NZ Quilting 23 May 6th 04 04:47 PM
Tension problem on old White machine Greg Brigley Sewing 5 November 18th 03 09:29 PM