Holy Guacamole! - Antique Beaded Bags

Old July 11th 04, 04:47 PM
Shirley Shone

Default Holy Guacamole! - Antique Beaded Bags

Just think that I cut the one up that my grandmother gave when I was a
child. The clasp was strained and would not stay shut. It was lovely
roses on a black background. Still have a piece of it left.

Oh why, oh why, did no one instil in me the value of the keeping of
treasures as a child.
Shirley

In message , Kathy
N-V writes
If any of you guys win a large lottery jackpot, please think of your
friendly storyteller who has an emotional thing for antique beads.
For everyone else, pull out the drool rags and enjoy!

http://tri-stateantiques.com/beadbagsindex.html

Wow. Just Wow.

Kathy N-V

--
Shirley Shone
Old July 11th 04, 05:41 PM
Bungadora

Shirley, it's a wonder anything survives children. My father had flint knives
he had picked up on the beach in Denmark, probably a thousand years old. I
snapped them all in half as a child, because they snapped so satisfactorily. It
horrifies me now, but most children have no concept of history. Some adults
don't have a concept either.

Gorgeous purses by the way and I'd buy one too if I won the lottery.
Dora

Shirley Shone

Old July 11th 04, 06:37 PM
Dr. Sooz

~~~CHOKE!~~~

http://tri-stateantiques.com/beadbagsindex.html

~~
Sooz
Old July 11th 04, 07:51 PM
Beadbimbo

WOW! Or as my daughter would say, "Holy Canoli!" (Also my favorite
dessert!)

Very cool!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

.com...

Old July 11th 04, 09:50 PM
Cheryl

antique ones huh??
LOL - I have four...

here is another drool site

http://www.love2bead.com/ANTIQUE-PUR...ue-purses.html
Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old July 12th 04, 03:51 AM
Jalynne

*sob* I have an antique beaded purse, but nothing as elaborate as this....holy
carp!!
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

.com...