need letter set - 3/16" - (if on stamp not reversed)

Old July 20th 05, 09:05 PM
Kim

Default need letter set - 3/16" - (if on stamp not reversed)

Hi,

I'm looking for a letter set, 5/32" - 3/16" high (caps only).
Stand-alone letters or on stamps. If on stamps, then not reversed.
(would produce a reversed image if you inked it...) They need to be at
least 1/32" thick (if on a smamp then raised that high), but
prefereably 1/16" thick.

Anyone know where I can get this?

(I found a reversed metal stamp set for stamping metal, but the letters
are not flat on top, they are rounded (one set looks pretty sharp) to
facilitate stamping steel. I need them to be flat.)

Thanks

Old July 21st 05, 12:05 AM

all i can think of is maybe some toys. i've acquired some letters to
use for stamps - larger ones - from thrift store toy sections.

possibly e-bay, or matel toys?

i also once did a personal business card from using dry alphabet
letters. maybe you could exploit them for your project?

see ya

steve

Old July 21st 05, 01:52 AM
Bubbles

Hi Kim

You don't say what you need these for.

What I do, is I download free fonts from the internet now and then - and use
fontlister.com 's program to test out my desired text in various fonts. When
I find a few I want to consider further, I type them into Word.

Then in Word I choose the text I want and adjust it to the size I want. Then
print and use a pin around the edges to copy it onto my clay.

Then gouge out the letters.

Not sure if this is a reasonable method for your project

Marianne

Old July 21st 05, 02:04 AM

interesting idea, i suppose one could even print out fancy fonts & use
them as templates to cut out larger stamps on cardboard. coat-paint
them later with varnish or something.

see ya

steve

Old July 21st 05, 09:08 AM
Lee In Mashiko, Japan

Stamps for decorating postcards are real popular here. You can buy
alphabet stamp sets and assemble your stamp into whatever you want to
print.

This is a google search for "rubber stamps" "alphabet set" :

http://tinyurl.com/949zk
---
Lee Love
in Mashiko, Japan http://mashiko.org
http://seisokuro.blogspot.com/ My Photo Logs

"We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep."

-- Prospero The Tempest
Shakespeare

Old July 21st 05, 03:05 PM
Sarajane Helm

I love using fonts---I have a table I made in word wthat will display all
the dingbat fonts I use with each corresponding letter in arial so I can see
what design each letter produces. So far I have over 900 fonts and 100 of
them are dingbat fonts. Once I have things I want--even possibly letter
sets, like this one---I have stamps made for me at ReadyStamps in San Diego.
I use freeware or shareware with permissions only---and there's a LOT of
those out there! They make fabulous stamps for use on paper, clay, or
fabric---not expensive, either! REady Stamps is NOT my business--its part of
the Cerebral Palsy Association and is a sheltered workshop, so pleasse send
orders to THEM, not to me. Its all on a page I built for them, including an
order form to make it easy.

So, lets start a new thread on "where's your favorite fonts to be found..?"
www.polyclay.com/ready.htm
--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

Old July 22nd 05, 02:47 PM
Luna

In article ,
"Bubbles" wrote:

I guess ReadyStamps doesn't send abroad?

Here's a selection from my bookmarked font sites:

http://www.momscorner4kids.com/fonts/
http://www.myfonts.com/
http://www.larabiefonts.com/
http://www.fontpool.com/nph-fontpool...Eefghijklmnopq
rstuvwxyzæøåÆØÅ&size=35&sort=Name&direction=Ascend ing&sp1=50&job=list&key=deco
rative
http://www.fontpool.com/
http://www.webfxmall.com/fonts/index1.html
http://people.wiesbaden.netsurf.de/~kikita/