Net dish scrubber instructions?

Old October 18th 03, 09:30 PM
aeromom

Default Net dish scrubber instructions?

Anyone have instructions on how to make a net dish scrubber?
Thanks,
aeormom

Old October 19th 03, 03:17 AM
SandySmth

I don't. I don't think that's a quilt pattern! Perhaps you'd be able to find
the answer on a general sewing or crafts group or by doing a search on Google.
Also, if the subject of your post is not related to quilting, please put OT at
the front of the subject line. Thanks!

Sandy
in Chapel Hill, NC

Old October 19th 03, 03:56 AM
Merry Stahel

wrote:
Anyone have instructions on how to make a net dish scrubber?
Thanks,
aeormom

Scrubbies

2 yds of nylon netting will make 5 scrubbies
Crochet Hook "J"

Cut net into 2 inch strips, always cutting lenthwise of net. You may
iron the netting before cutting. Join 6 strips into one long strip,
leaving about 4 inches of tail when joining. The tails will be tucked
inside for stuffing the scrubber.

The entire scrubbie is worked in the back loop of the single crochet
stitch.

Chain 5 - join into circle
Work 2 single crochets in chain stitch and single crochet until you
have used 2 lengths of netting. No joining needed. After 2 lengths,
work 1 single crochet in each single crochet until you have 1 length
of netting left. As the scrubber starts to cup, push in the tails.

Decrease - single crochet in every other single crochet until you have
about 8 inches left of the nettings. Fasten off and work the tail into
the inside of the scrubbie.

Someone just recently gave me this pattern. I have not made any....

OR:

Use size K crochet hook

Purchase 3 yards of net. Netting is then cut into about 1 1/4 inch
strips. Tie strips together to make ball.

To make the scrubbies: Chain 4 and join together / chain 2 and double
crochet into circle (16 double crochet) join together / chain 2 and
then double crochet twice into each slot (between previous dc) you
will then have 32 dc / join together and knot, tucking in all excess
ends.

You can use smaller hook to do this.
Make two like this and then single crochet them together, knot and
tuck in excess nylon. Voila, you're done. Very simple and easy to
make.
It takes about 15 minutes to make one.
Another variety to make - Ttake one nylon net and then make another
out of the cotton yarn and use one side for dishes and other for
scrubby. Can use variegated yarns for this. They do come out nice.
They sell very well. Sell them at $.50 each because you can get about
6 or 7 scrubbies out of 3 yards of nylon netting.

Merry

--
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel
Old October 19th 03, 02:55 PM
Ruth in Happy Camp

If you don't want to crochet, try making them the way the first ones were
made about 1960: Cut a long strip of netting, about 5" wide, and run a row
of basting stitches down the center (use strong thread); gather as tightly
as you can and tie off the thread.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp

Old October 19th 03, 04:31 PM
Julia in MN

I used google to look for "nylon net pot scrubber" and came up with a
bunch including http://www.knitting-crochet.com/crochet/nylpot.html
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/crafts/crafts7.html

This one has all kinds of kitchen stuff:
http://www.crafts.tallassee.net/crokitchenlinks.htm

Julia in MN

http://mail.chartermi.net/~jaccola/

Old October 19th 03, 05:10 PM
teleflora

"Merry Stahel" wrote in message
It takes about 15 minutes to make one.
Another variety to make - Ttake one nylon net and then make another
out of the cotton yarn and use one side for dishes and other for
scrubby. Can use variegated yarns for this. They do come out nice.
They sell very well. Sell them at $.50 each because you can get about
6 or 7 scrubbies out of 3 yards of nylon netting.

hahahahhahahhaha! They were selling for $2 apiece at the craft show last
weekend! People were buying them by the handfuls (handsful?).

Cindy

Old October 19th 03, 10:05 PM
Elizabeth Young

teleflora wrote:

"Merry Stahel" wrote in message

It takes about 15 minutes to make one.
Another variety to make - Ttake one nylon net and then make another
out of the cotton yarn and use one side for dishes and other for
scrubby. Can use variegated yarns for this. They do come out nice.
They sell very well. Sell them at $.50 each because you can get about
6 or 7 scrubbies out of 3 yards of nylon netting.

hahahahhahahhaha! They were selling for $2 apiece at the craft show last
weekend! People were buying them by the handfuls (handsful?).

Cindy

I think it really should be handsful. Because you'd need more than one
hand to carry all the scrubbies.

liz young in sunny, breezy california

Old October 19th 03, 11:01 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Thanks, Merry. Former RCTQer Sandy Marshall in NY
is the Queen of Scrubbies. She made (probably still does)
hundreds every year, sold (sells) them at craft shows.
They're wonderful and last forever.
She sent me a set of green ones. g
And On Topic, 'cause she's a quilter, too.

Ragmop/Sandy

Old October 20th 03, 01:07 AM
Merry Stahel

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 22:01:30 GMT, " Ellison"
wrote:

Howdy!
Thanks, Merry. Former RCTQer Sandy Marshall in NY
is the Queen of Scrubbies. She made (probably still does)
hundreds every year, sold (sells) them at craft shows.
They're wonderful and last forever.
She sent me a set of green ones. g
And On Topic, 'cause she's a quilter, too.

I bought 3 a gazillion years ago and am on the last one. I love them
and wish I had more. I don't crochet, so don't know how to make 'em.

Merry
Old October 20th 03, 02:50 PM
Lynne Van

My instructions would be to save yourself the trouble and buy
one at the supermarket. Some things just don't seem worth the
time and trouble.

Cheers,

Lynne in Toronto