CP: did I mention.........

Old August 7th 03, 12:33 PM
CNYstitcher

Default CP: did I mention.........

that I got the cloak/cape thingy finished yesterday! Really easy
because I did it out of fleece and didn't actually *have* to do the hem
grin. Haven't started anything else on my list yet because I needed
to clean off my sewing table. Of course, most people would probably
apporach this with a "sort-n-store/stash" attitude. Not me, that would
be too easy sigh.

So, the way I am cleaning it off is by more sewing....lol. I made a
quilt for the NYS Fair, and had all the scraps piled up (as far as I was
concerned, they could be used in something else). Well, I ended up with
enough pieces that I could make a little snuggle quilt for a baby (not
for Rebekah, I promised a church lady taht I would do a quilt for a
school auction). I had a thought for the pattern I was going to do, but
wasn't paying attnetion when I started joining the blocks, and ended up
with something different sigh. For those reading this in RCTQ -
imagine 98 2 inch squares made of HSTs!!! Quite a bit smaller than what
I am used to working with, but, if I go slow, things won;t get out of
hand (I hope!).

So, I am still in the piecing stage of this new quilt, and though I want
to get started on the coordinated pajamas for the family (traditional
Christmas presents), I won't yet. Not only am I focused on this latest
quilt, but I *HATE* to start a project when I don't have everything I
need. I could do DSs pajamas, but DH wants his to match, and I don't
have the fabric for his yet. I also don't have the fabric for my
nightgown and DDs little sleeper....maybe next month I will be able to
start on these things.

Of course, this pushes *everything* else back on the list....but isn't
that par for the course? Good thing is that i don't need any more
maternity clothes and I still have 2 months to do some baby clothes
sewing (not that I need much of that either since dear friends brought
be 3 huge trash bags full of clothes that their daughter has outgrown!).

So, anybody want to do subcontractor work on some of my sewing? LOL I
ask because I know that when we have the money to paint our bedroom,
everything will get pushed back even more - why paint the room if I
can't make the new curtains as well?? And then I should get started on
the duvet cover and pillow shams, and painting the dresser, and
finishing the closet doors so they aren't just the white bifold that was
everywhere in the house (I have a really neat way of transforming them,
ask me sometime!)...........

Larisa, thinking Kate will lecture me about needing to take it easy and
not do so much...lol

P.S. Today is the first drop off day for the state fair. Notifications
will be going out next week, so I will keep my 2 favorite ngs posted on
the feedback I get.

Old August 7th 03, 02:05 PM
Ron Anderson

Larisa,
Is the state fair this week? Will you be in a booth or something?

--
Ron Anderson
A1 Sewing Machine

Old August 7th 03, 04:12 PM
CNYstitcher

NO, it runs from August 21st until September 1st. I am entering things
in 2 different competition categories: arts/crafts and culinary. The
arts/crafts entries have to be dropped off for judging today, tomorrow,
adn Saturday. The culinary entries have different days that they need
to be entered. However, both the "show room" for the arts/crafts stuff,
and the culinary things are in the same building: Arts & Home Center.

I should know my the middle of next week (end of the week at the latest)
what if anything will be on display (meaning it either won a place
ribbon, or got an honorable mention). This is just for the sewing
(arts/crafts) entries. The culinary entries are judged on the same day
that they are dropped off and they have to be picked up by 5pm the same
day....so...........I won't know about any of those entries until later
in the month.

I will keep the group(s) posted as I learn more

Larisa

Old August 8th 03, 06:43 AM
Butterfly

Thank you, but at the present time--I am NOT able to do for you.
Actually got 30 minutes of sewing in day before yesterday and not in one
sitting either--none yesterday or today. BUT that is ok.....I'm getting
use to being on antibiotics once again and the first 3 days are kinda
'ruff'. I noticed today already I have a bit more energy but have NOT
increased in the stamina department.
I'm very pleased that you ARE taking care of yourself. I may have read
more into what you wrote--more of this is what HAS to be done rather
than your listing of what you would like to accomplish. If so, I'm
sorry. I just had a difficult pg and spent 7 months flat out in bed--and
I surely didn't want you to have to 'finish' that way.
Very gentle hugs
Butterfly (now you know why I'm extra 'protective' of expectant Mommys)

CNYstitcher wrote:
LOL and here I thought it was going to be Kate who lectured to me.
Thank you dear, sweet Butterfly, for caring enough to empahsize things
with me grin.

I think I only sewed 4 blocks together today - no interest in it right
now. Rebekah has shifted to lay directly under my ribs, which makes for
a very umcomfrotable Mommy...sitting semi-reclined or laying down are
the only things that feel good right now - and neither position is
conducive to sewing.

The curtains are only going to be quick squares - if the selvage is
printed (not the white with the makers name) I won't even bother to hem
those edges, which means a quick hem and a quick pocket and up they go.
As to the painting, DH said he would help me with it, as long as I
promised to only work in 10 minute stretches, with 30 minute breaks. I
learned the hard way with the laundry room that I *can* do painting, but
not for extended periods (yes, yes, I painted the laundry room all by
myself...it's too late to lecture as it has already been finished!).

Lady from church doesn't need the quilt until November, so I can work on
it as slowly as I want, which seems to be what I am doing. Pajamas
might actually wait until the beginning of December when things have
slowed down a little bit (probably while DS is attending preschool and
baby is dozing).

Family is priority, that will never change. There are just spurts where
I have to do for myself. Usually, I do that with sewing, and sometimes
just with reading and zoning out or napping! Good thing is that now I
am actually ABLE to eat when I have to......I have always had trouble
eating....either too much, or not enough, so finally being able to feed
when hungry is a good thing, though I think 3 cheeseburgers for lunch at
11am was a little odd sigh. DS and I spend time playing and reading
everyday, DH and I spend time reading and discussing the Bible every
night after supper while DS either listens to us or plays near by. These
are good things that help me stay fairly calm and relaxed.

I know I sound like i am going bonkers here, but if you could actually
see my progress (or lack thereof) you would see that most of it is just
me listing the things I feel that i need to get done, not the actual
things being completed...I have been sewing blocks together for an
entire week now....lol it might get done by November at this rate.

Anyway, thank you again for your concern. I may just send some of my
WIPs out to you to do grin, but I *am* taking it easy..I only do what
baby will let me do, which, at this stage, isn't really all that much.

Larisa

Butterfly wrote:

WHOA!!!!!!!!!! SLOW DOWN a bit..you have a BABY to consider.......
Now--make a LIST and then PRIORITIZE

BABY COMES FIRST (not shouting, just emphasizing here)

FAMILY comes next
THEN go to the outside things (including the house)
Church Lady would understand--ask HER if she knows of someone that
would take the time to put the quilt together for you--one less worry
for you--I don't CARE if you want to--just make it into a 'HUG" like
we do on here and it won't bother you if someone else works on it, ok
(guess I'm in the WORRY mode this AM )

Know what? those curtains CAN wait--just ask the LR windows here ; )
Now can those PJ's wait?

Forget that PAINT until after the baby is here--or if it DOES get
painted--you had better NOT be in the house--((I picked up an extreme
sensitivity to paint smells whilst PG with Baby #1--took AGES and AGES
to get to where I could even walk into a room that had just been
painted--so this is where I'm coming from--Paint--the smell of bacon

frying-- and the smell of Pea Soup being made)

I'm pleased that you are doing and being ABLE to do just do NOT

overload, ok?

HORRAY for the cloak being done. YAY!!!!

Good Luck on the Fair items : )

Love and very gentle HUGS
Butterfly (gonna be an Cyber-AUNTY again---gotta take care of the
Mommy )

Old August 8th 03, 11:55 AM
Kate Dicey

CNYstitcher wrote:

LOL and here I thought it was going to be Kate who lectured to me.
Thank you dear, sweet Butterfly, for caring enough to empahsize things
with me grin.

Well, I would have done, but Butterfly got there first!

[...]

Humph! (Shakes finger in general direction of USA!)

Lady from church doesn't need the quilt until November, so I can work on
it as slowly as I want, which seems to be what I am doing. Pajamas
might actually wait until the beginning of December when things have
slowed down a little bit (probably while DS is attending preschool and
baby is dozing).

Good...

Family is priority, that will never change. There are just spurts where
I have to do for myself. Usually, I do that with sewing, and sometimes
just with reading and zoning out or napping! Good thing is that now I
am actually ABLE to eat when I have to......I have always had trouble
eating....either too much, or not enough, so finally being able to feed
when hungry is a good thing, though I think 3 cheeseburgers for lunch at
11am was a little odd sigh. DS and I spend time playing and reading
everyday, DH and I spend time reading and discussing the Bible every
night after supper while DS either listens to us or plays near by.
These are good things that help me stay fairly calm and relaxed.

That's what you need right now.

I know I sound like i am going bonkers here, but if you could actually
see my progress (or lack thereof) you would see that most of it is just
me listing the things I feel that i need to get done, not the actual
things being completed...I have been sewing blocks together for an
entire week now....lol it might get done by November at this rate.

I did have visions of a pregnant windmill for a moment there...

Anyway, thank you again for your concern. I may just send some of my
WIPs out to you to do grin, but I *am* taking it easy..I only do what
baby will let me do, which, at this stage, isn't really all that much.

That's as it should be. These last few weeks, when baby is growing, are
always the hardest, especially in the heat!

Larisa

You take care. I did go to Lush, so there will be some goodies in the
post as soon as the heat wave settles and I can get to the PO without
frying and having the chocolate melt!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old August 8th 03, 12:39 PM
CNYstitcher

I totally understand. Right now, *has* is taking on a new
meaning.....things that i want to get done before the baby arrives and
things I will probably sulk about for a little while, but things that
can go undone unless somebody else does them. DH said that he would
paint the bedroom, but he won't even try to do the curtains because he'd
be afraid to mess them up and having a crying pregnant woman blaming him
for everything....lol.

I probably didn't make anything sound clear, but that is the way
everything has been going.....my train of thought derails so much more
often these days that I feel glad if I can even get one coherent thought
explained to DH sigh. After last night (family phone calls), I have
pretty much bagged a timeline for anything...too much stress that isn't
needed at this time. I will work on things if and when I have the time
and energy.

My biggest thing is to figure out why I no longer have an appetite
sigh. If lunch is another time of little eating, I will be talking to
the doctor today.

laters,

Larisa

Butterfly wrote:

Thank you, but at the present time--I am NOT able to do for you.
Actually got 30 minutes of sewing in day before yesterday and not in one
sitting either--none yesterday or today. BUT that is ok.....I'm getting
use to being on antibiotics once again and the first 3 days are knda
'ruff'. I noticed today already I have a bit more energy but have NT