holiday booked for next year

Old September 4th 11, 12:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin[_2_]

Default holiday booked for next year

We're just back from the Whitby Folk Week (on the coast of Yorkshire
in England).

We have just booked our accommodation for next year (it's scarce,
you have to get in early).

Try this on Google Maps: search for "YO2 1RB Whitby". Go into
Street View. That will probably give you a picture of a big
church. Move uphill. The round bit stuck on the corner of the
church, with windows leaded in tiny squares, has been converted
into a house and that's where we'll be staying.

Now rotate the view to look across the street.

Notice anything?

Old September 4th 11, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

I couldn't find it either. I found a couple of streets, but I didn't see
the big church.

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 9/4/2011 9:29 AM, Sandy wrote:
In ,
Jack wrote:

We're just back from the Whitby Folk Week (on the coast of Yorkshire
in England).

We have just booked our accommodation for next year (it's scarce,
you have to get in early).

Try this on Google Maps: search for "YO2 1RB Whitby". Go into
Street View. That will probably give you a picture of a big
church. Move uphill. The round bit stuck on the corner of the
church, with windows leaded in tiny squares, has been converted
into a house and that's where we'll be staying.

Now rotate the view to look across the street.

Notice anything?

mobile 07800 739 557http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin

Sorry, Jack, but Google Maps can't find anything with that address!

Old September 5th 11, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

I know Whitby pretty well - was at boarding school there. Its post code
is YO21 so Google maps didn't recognise the one you gave. I guessed it
was St Mary's, but the street map with the little yellow man finishes
just short of there, and I couldn't see any bit of that that looked as
though it had been converted to accommodation like you described. I
looked at the other churches in the town, but still couldn't see
anything that looked right. So not sure if you were opposite a quilt
shop or the rather spectacular building opposite St. Mary's.

When we visited it we had to climb the 199 steps!

My old school is no longer a school but is now a Conference Centre but
they do do bed and breakfasts (and full and half board). We had a
reunion there a couple of years ago. Sneaton Castle Centre Ltd, Whitby,
YO21 3QN North Yorkshire. They have all levels of accommodation from en
suite to standard family rooms. If accommodation of scare when you go,
this is probably an option for someone who isn't as far-seeing as you,
and they do group bookings! Not central but we used to have to walk into
town.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old September 5th 11, 01:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin[_2_]

We're just back from the Whitby Folk Week (on the coast of Yorkshire
in England).
We have just booked our accommodation for next year (it's scarce,
you have to get in early).
Try this on Google Maps: search for "YO2 1RB Whitby". Go into
Street View. That will probably give you a picture of a big
church. Move uphill. The round bit stuck on the corner of the
church, with windows leaded in tiny squares, has been converted
into a house and that's where we'll be staying.
Now rotate the view to look across the street.
Notice anything?

Sorry, Jack, but Google Maps can't find anything with that address!

I couldn't find it either. I found a couple of streets, but I didn't see
the big church.

Maybe Google Maps behaves differently depending what country you're
looking from. I don't know how to get a URL in Google Maps that
tells the reader exactly which camera view I mean.

The point was we are going to be directly across the street from
Judith's Fabrics, which is a very good LQS. In the Google picture
there's a whole lot of fabric displayed outside (as usual in good
weather).

Old September 5th 11, 09:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

Solved the problem - the Postcode is YO21 1RB. You had put '1' instead
of '21'.=, which threw Google completely.

If you Google Map:
Abbey Lane, Westerdale, North Yorkshire YO22 4, UK
you get some wonderful pictures of the Abbey which is on the other cliff
over the river.

Whitby is, of course, Dracula country too!

Old September 5th 11, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

Got the Fabrics part; couldn't clearly ready "Judith's".

http://tinyurl.com/3ezt5nn

Good to have a plan. g

Going to my hometown in a couple of weeks, see Mom settled in to her
new "senior" apartment. On the other end of town, the best fabric
shop I've seen (for number of bolts):

http://www.oldtimes-quiltersheaven.com/

Ragmop/Sandy - not keeping track of yardage bought, used, donated;
"No good fabric goes to waste." S.E.

On 9/4/11 7:11 PM, in article
, "Jack Campin"

Old September 6th 11, 11:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 21:05:48 +0100, Sally Swindells wrote:

Whitby is, of course, Dracula country too!

Hence my instant recognition of it as the place in the UK where they have
the big Gothic Weekend.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?

AD ~ End of Year and Holiday Sale at Halsey Trading Company! Mj Beads 1 December 8th 05 10:10 AM
Holiday over Dee in Oz Quilting 4 July 16th 05 05:08 AM
OT (sorta) I booked my flight! Kalera Stratton Beads 20 June 19th 05 05:24 PM
off for my holiday... Packrat Quilting 4 January 5th 04 01:18 AM
Off on holiday Pat Porter Needlework 0 July 22nd 03 01:06 PM