Da weather [kinda OT]

Old September 5th 11, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default Da weather [kinda OT]

Howdy!

...was at the local minimart this afternoon, where their t.v. was blaring
news of tornado warnings in N.Y. state, flooding in Louisiana & other
parts of the old south, and more storm damage in the northeast.
We stood there in the 70* temps, wind blowing, & I observed,
"Today, living in Texas doesn't sound so bad, eh?" Laughter all around.

We have survived 68 days of 100*+ so far this year;
today is lovely.

R/Sandy - watching reports of the fires just west Ft.Worth & down
in central Tx.

On 9/3/11 1:08 PM, in article , "Polly
Esther" wrote:

We have a tornado warning, a flash flood watch and a tropical storm
incoming. Other than that, it's just raining. Lots. Polly

"Taria" wrote in message
I hope the storm full of rain is being exaggerated and blow right over.
(there is always hope)
We are about 15 miles away but I know of for sure 3 quilters that are
evacuated. My dear friend is going to be 82 next week and her husband
is very ill. They don't drive. I hope the neighbor there helped them to
a safe place to sit things out. By the time I noticed the smoke it was
too late to even call. Lots of smoke. DD was in Palm Springs but was
lucky to get word and head home the back side of the mountain so she
didn't sit on the closed freeway. I think this is a firebug and he has
been at it for several weeks. I am sure more than a few Vegas
and river trips got cancelled. Vegas can really use the business right
now too I hear. Enjoy that fog/coastal air conditioning.
Taria

"Ginger in CA" wrote in message

To those in the southeast in the path of the storms, stay safe, it may
be a good day to do hand work when the power goes out.

For Taria and those in the upper desert here, stay safe with the big
fire nearby in the hills between Los Angeles and Las Vegas!

Ginger in CA
a very foggy start to the morning on the central coast of CA

Old September 6th 11, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

A new fire in Aqua Dulce [40 miles north of Los Angeles city proper,
pretty far west of Taria in V-town], evacuating large animals now
A fire in Tehachapi southeast of Bakersfield [where Ms Flutterby used
to live], over 650 evacuated
A fire in Rancho Sisquoc area [in rural northern Santa Barbara County]

Yep, September is here. We get firebugs, and afternoon thunderstorms
with lightining strikes igniting bone dry chapparal.

Ginger in CA[listening to increased air traffic, news planes and water drop
planes]

Old September 6th 11, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I just saw the Texas fire stories on the news a bit ago. You all stay
safe there. It is always scary and often dangerous.

LA news full fires tonight. End of holiday weekend in time
to cause a night mare for many folks trying to get home.
We had thunderstorms in the early morning hours here
with a bit of rain. Hot and humid. I want our dry heat
back! Hope they get a handle on all these fires asap
and folks and homes will be safe.

Old September 6th 11, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On Sep 3, 10:22*am, Ginger in CA wrote:
To those in the southeast in the path of the storms, stay safe, it may
be a good day to do hand work when the power goes out.

For Taria and those in the upper desert here, stay safe with the big
fire nearby in the hills between Los Angeles and Las Vegas!

Ginger in CA
a very foggy start to the morning on the central coast of CA

We've been in Canada for the last several days - hello barnyowl -
sorry I wasn't able to get in touch and meet up yet again. Haven't
seen/heard US weather for days. Not meaning to offend but Candian
weather channel just not as detailed as US weather channel. Drove
home today in rain from the Canada/US border all the way to NJ. Not a
pretty sight and especially with 3 teenagers in the van! But they
were VERY good! Hope everyone is safe. Haven't seen local weather
yet except for a brief newsclip advising of more rain for this area as
well as more flooding post-Irene. Don't even know about anything else
yet.

Be safe from rains/fires/etc.

Kim in soggy NJ
Old September 6th 11, 05:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

We ran out of things to do - tropical storm, flash floods and tornado
warnings. So. Today the temp went from 100° to 50°. It made the birds
hungry and the Yorkie happy. If summer's gone it is okay. I never did find
a 7-piece swim suit. Polly

OT weather maryd[_3_] Quilting 10 December 21st 08 08:08 PM
OT Da weather Ginger in CA Quilting 3 January 25th 08 12:27 AM
Oh, the Weather outside teleflora Quilting 25 December 3rd 06 04:19 PM
AD - new lampwork - "Venus" - kinda unusual, kinda not Kandice Seeber Beads 3 October 16th 06 02:08 PM
OT - Weather Carol In WI Yarn 2 January 18th 06 04:24 PM