Need cell phone advice for quilting apps

Old May 25th 11, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Default Need cell phone advice for quilting apps

I must purchase a new cell phone soon and was thinking of one of the
fancier ones with quilting apps. If you don't use fancy technology
please don't bother to reply. I really want to hear from those that
have and use cell phones with internet capabilities. What features do
you use?

Susan
Old May 25th 11, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne[_2_]

On May 25, 10:54*pm, Susan Laity Price
wrote:
I must purchase a new cell phone soon and was thinking of one of the
fancier ones with quilting apps. If you don't use fancy technology
please don't bother to reply. I really want to hear from those that
have and use cell phones with internet capabilities. What features do
you use?

Susan

You can get quilting app for the cell phone???

I have a smartphone (nokia N97 mini), I use: email, fb, webbrowser and
gps all the time (ok, sometimes I even use phone or sms). I also use
the calculator and notes a lot. I use the web mostly for reading the
news, tv program (on the train home) and finding shops/sights when I
am out and about (including LQSs :-) )

What kind of quilt apps am I missing out on? Please!

Hanne in DK.
Old May 26th 11, 02:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

There are lots of quilting apps. I will report back when I learn more
about them. My husband was ready to buy the phone before dinner so I
took advantage of his mood and bought before too many reported back. I
bought the iPhone4 with a Verizon plan. Will have unlimited internet,
250 text messages and 450 voice minutes per month. Before I had a
prepaid cellphone with very poor reception. Didn't talk that much and
couldn't text or internet. Can't imagine I will use all the text and
voice time but if I do they came be increased without penalty. I see
my sons using their phones to check store locations, restaurants,
maps, etc and thought it would be fun to have. This is my birthday,
Mother's Day, anniversary and Christmas presents for the year. Now the
husband is off the hook for further shopping.

Susan

Old May 26th 11, 07:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne[_2_]

On May 26, 5:32*am, "Kate in MI" wrote:
I have an iPhone 4 -- and love it! *(Have had an iPhone since the 1st one.)

Go to iTunes and search for quilt apps -- you'll find LOTS and LOTS.

Here are just a few:
Project Quilt Organizer
Quick & Easy Quilt Block Tool (I use this often)
Quilt Envi
Quilt Helper
Quilt Fab
Quilting 101
Quilting Classes (videos of various techniques)
Quilting for Beginners
Quilting Glossary
Quilting Lessons (more videos)
Quilting Calc
QuiltRef (VERY useful -- calculates corner & setting triangles for on point
settings, and much more)

Have fun!

PS -- don't forget to look for a few games! * Doodlejump and Angry Birds are
two fun ones!

Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves

Can't run iPhone apps. Oh well.

Hanne in DK
Old May 26th 11, 01:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Wed, 25 May 2011 15:54:34 -0500, Susan Laity Price wrote
(in article ):

I must purchase a new cell phone soon and was thinking of one of the
fancier ones with quilting apps. If you don't use fancy technology
please don't bother to reply. I really want to hear from those that
have and use cell phones with internet capabilities. What features do
you use?

Susan

I got a Verizon iPhone. I have a couple quilting apps on it, I use the
calendar a lot since it syncs up easily with the calendar on my computer at
home, I like the maps feature, and I confess, I've been known to use the
internet browser a little too much when I'm waiting and bored.

Maureen

Old May 26th 11, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Wed, 25 May 2011 20:18:37 -0500, Susan Laity Price wrote
(in article ):

wrote:
I must purchase a new cell phone soon and was thinking of one of the
fancier ones with quilting apps. If you don't use fancy technology
please don't bother to reply. I really want to hear from those that
have and use cell phones with internet capabilities. What features do
you use?

Susan

That sounds like the plan I have. I think it's great.

Maureen

Old May 26th 11, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

As I've mentioned before, I love the Kindle app for IPod/Phone. There
are also dozens of other e-readers, many with loads of free books.
Mega-Reader has a specific Sci-fi library from Baen Books, all free.

I use mine daily to read email, check the weather, calculate currency
exchange, play useless time-wasters :-) and read. DD1 does all her
banking via IPhone -I'm not that brave. And there are 3-4 free
quilting apps, Knit Buddy, etc. AND you can download podcasts of quilt
shows.
Roberta in D

Old May 27th 11, 05:25 AM
baamvo baamvo is offline
Junior Member

Does anyone have detailed steps for quilting?

Step by step instructions.
Old May 27th 11, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

thanks for all the information. I have played with texting. Think I
will master that and transfer all my phone numbers for now. Once I am
back from vacation I will ask again about pod casts, ect. Susan

Cell phone case - not OT! Joan E. Needlework 8 December 28th 07 04:14 PM
Cell Phone Cover Sally Swindells Quilting 6 November 14th 07 12:02 AM
Cell phone tags Jan G Beads 11 December 5th 05 12:46 AM
Cell phone pouch Nyssa Yarn 2 July 2nd 04 04:28 PM
My kind of cell phone JL Amerson Beads 11 November 14th 03 05:50 AM