Needlework book

Old October 25th 04, 08:05 AM
Maureen Miller

Default Needlework book

Here's the $10,000.00 question. Can anyone name a GOOD book that gives
directions and explanatory pictures of MOST if not ALL needle crafts? I
have learned petit point, and tatting. But I would like to learn
cross-stitch, knitting, crochet, Irish lace, bobbin lace, french knots,
embroidery,.....well, you get what I mean. I have found several good
books on each of these subjects individually, but I would love to know
if there is such an animal as one single book that lists them all?

Maureen In Vancouver B.C.
(who is trying desperately to get back here on a regular basis!)
Old October 25th 04, 03:30 PM
Anne

I recomment the Readers Digest Complete Guide to Needlecraft book and it has
the basics for a lot of different forms of needlecraft and some simple
patterns

Old October 25th 04, 05:57 PM
Frank Thallas

The Reader's Digest "Complete Guide to Needlework" is a good "primer" for
all sorts of stuff - enough info on almost everything to try it and see if
you like it.

Liadain

Old October 26th 04, 05:20 AM
Meredith

Ya, it's just the Merimoooo@..., and I haven't gotten anything from you
in that account. Strange, I think it used to say NOSPAM instead of just
"NO". I wonder what happened?

Meredith

Maureen Miller wrote:
I did reply to your e-mail Meredith, but I'll probably get it back
because I think there's a no spam thing in your address. Should I have
removed NO first? Probably.

Maureen

Meredith wrote:

I have an extra copy of the Reader's Digest book - email me if you
want it.

Meredith

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 10/25/04 3:05 AM, in article , "Maureen
Miller" wrote:

Here's the $10,000.00 question. Can anyone name a GOOD book that gives
directions and explanatory pictures of MOST if not ALL needle
crafts? I
have learned petit point, and tatting. But I would like to learn
cross-stitch, knitting, crochet, Irish lace, bobbin lace, french knots,
embroidery,.....well, you get what I mean. I have found several good
books on each of these subjects individually, but I would love to know
if there is such an animal as one single book that lists them all?

Maureen In Vancouver B.C.
(who is trying desperately to get back here on a regular basis!)

Find a copy of The Reader's Digest book or the McCall's book - I
think both
are "Encyclopedia of Needlework" or similarly titled.
My McCall's is from the late 50's, my RD is from the late 70's and I
won't
part with either!
Cheryl

Old October 26th 04, 05:00 PM
Beinchat

Readers Digest Complete Guide to Needlework

Good Housekeeping The Illustrated Book of Needlecrafts

The Step by Step Needlecraft Encyclopedia by Judy Brittain

The Encyclopedia of Needlecrafts by Lucinda Ganderton and Dorothy Wood

Marie and the cats
Old October 27th 04, 04:09 AM

Beinchat wrote:
Readers Digest Complete Guide to Needlework

Thanks for the advice. I have just ordered a used copy from Barnes and
Noble for $1.98 which is to be in "very good" condition. They had about
10 used at the time.