Floor Stand

Old September 9th 10, 11:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

Default Floor Stand

I have a friend who is looking for a floor stand. We love mine, but
no one seems to know what make/model it is; even the ladies at my LNS
were stumped. So I have two questions:

1) can anyone identify this? http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1044404255

and

2) if not, what floor stand(s) do you recommend? It should be sturdy
and pretty easy to use/adjust I think.

TIA!

Lyn
Old September 10th 10, 01:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

1) can anyone identify this?http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7c5a&id=104440...

and

2) if not, what floor stand(s) do you recommend? *It should be sturdy
and pretty easy to use/adjust I think.

TIA!

Lyn

Huh. You've got me stumped. How long have you had this stand?

I've been doing my research for the past year on floor stands and have
narrowed my choices down to two.

The Needlework System 4 and the Lowery.

Both are wonderful.

I was fortunate enough to be able to borrow both stands and compare
them side by side.

They are very even in my standings and it is only the personal
circumstances of where I do most of my stitching that has led to me
choose a System 4 which I will be ordering very soon.

Donna in Virginia
Old September 10th 10, 01:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

On Sep 9, 5:08*pm, Donna wrote:
On Sep 9, 6:10*pm, Lynoth wrote:

[...]

I've only had it a very little while, but it was handed down by my
mum, who can't remember when exactly she bought it; at least 5 years
ago but as long as 15 is possible. Helpful, no? LOL.

I will see what I can find on those two and pass the info on, thanks
for your help!

Old September 10th 10, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

On 9/9/2010 5:10 PM, Lynoth wrote:
I have a friend who is looking for a floor stand. We love mine, but
no one seems to know what make/model it is; even the ladies at my LNS
were stumped. So I have two questions:

1) can anyone identify this? http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1044404255

and

2) if not, what floor stand(s) do you recommend? It should be sturdy
and pretty easy to use/adjust I think.

TIA!

Lyn

I am very satisfied with my Gripit floor stand. (After
Santa Claus bought it for me, he stained and varnished it - it comes as
finely sanded hardwood - so that it looks like a piece of furniture and
therefore can be used in the living room without looking like "tools").

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old September 10th 10, 02:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

On Sep 9, 5:51*pm, "Olwyn.Mary" wrote:
On 9/9/2010 5:10 PM, Lynoth wrote:

I have a friend who is looking for a floor stand. *We love mine, but
no one seems to know what make/model it is; even the ladies at my LNS
were stumped. *So I have two questions:

1) can anyone identify this?http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7c5a&id=104440...

and

2) if not, what floor stand(s) do you recommend? *It should be sturdy
and pretty easy to use/adjust I think.

TIA!

Lyn

I am very satisfied with my Gripit floor stand. *(After
Santa Claus bought it for me, he stained and varnished it - it comes as
finely sanded hardwood - so that it looks like a piece of furniture and
therefore can be used in the living room without looking like "tools").

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

decorative is also very nice! thanks for the input!

Old September 10th 10, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

On Sep 9, 6:31*pm, Lynoth wrote:
[...]

It appears that Grip-it may be a thing of the past? I can't find a
website for them at all.... can you link me?
Old September 10th 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

On 9/9/2010 8:39 PM, Lynoth wrote:
On Sep 9, 6:31 pm, wrote:
On Sep 9, 5:51 pm, wrote:

[...]

The Stitchery says it is out of stock but coming soon

/www.thestitchery.com/itemdy00.asp?c=&T1=T01387&SKW=+crewel&GEN1=Crewel& PageNo=1

However, Stitchers Paradise says they can no longer supply it, but refer
you to a very similar product.

http://www.stitchers-paradise.com/St...pitStands.html

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Old September 10th 10, 11:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bobbieviorritto

On 9/9/2010 6:10 PM, Lynoth wrote:
I have a friend who is looking for a floor stand. We love mine, but
no one seems to know what make/model it is; even the ladies at my LNS
were stumped. So I have two questions:

1) can anyone identify this? http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1044404255

and

2) if not, what floor stand(s) do you recommend? It should be sturdy
and pretty easy to use/adjust I think.

TIA!

Lyn

I love my K's Creation floor stand. I hve bought both of my Dils the the
K's tag-a-long and they love them. It is perfect for small areas if you
are in an apartment. I also love my lap stand. My best friend has the
metal K's stand. They will ship directly to you if your LNS does not
carry them.

http://www.kscreations.com/floorframes.htm

HTH Bobbie V.

Old September 10th 10, 12:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
blkndvudu[_2_]

On Sep 10, 6:32*am, bobbieviorritto wrote:
On 9/9/2010 6:10 PM, Lynoth wrote: I have a friend who is looking for a floor stand. *We love mine, but
no one seems to know what make/model it is; even the ladies at my LNS
were stumped. *So I have two questions:

1) can anyone identify this?http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7c5a&id=104440...

and

2) if not, what floor stand(s) do you recommend? *It should be sturdy
and pretty easy to use/adjust I think.

TIA!

Lyn

I love my K's Creation floor stand. I hve bought both of my Dils the the
K's tag-a-long and they love them. It is perfect for small areas if you
are in an apartment. I also love my lap stand. My best friend has the
metal K's stand. They will ship directly to you if your LNS does not
carry them.

*http://www.kscreations.com/floorframes.htm

HTH Bobbie V.

I am thinking about buying one off of ebay next week- looks pretty
sturdy they also have one that the legs are extra wide to accomodate
armchairs (wheelchairs too I think which is good for my mom).
Old September 10th 10, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia

"blkndvudu" wrote in message
[...]

The first one of these was built to accommodate someone in a wheel chair.
It's very sturdy and can expand to whatever width you need.
It has many other great features that I like including the spring loaded
hinge points that allows you to flip your work to the backside without
having to unscrew anything. A bit pricy but nicely finished it makes a
nice piece of furniture.

http://www.hearthsidecraftworks.com/...d=4&Ite mid=4

Mavia